Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

AI traffic in FSX. Please help!!!

I have all the World-of-AI packages installed in FSX, but i have a problem: I can see the traffic in the skyes and in default airports. But i can't see the AI aircraft in my addon sceneries (Like Aerosoft, Flytampa TNCM, etc).In order to see my AI aircraft in addons airports i need to disable aircraft ground shadows.Someone told me that this is "Normal" in fsx :|

Juan Ramos

Hello, Yes, this is true. After SP2 for FSX I believe, aircraft ground shadows will cause AI aircraft made for FS9 not to visually appear at add-on airport sceneries that use custom ground textures.Thank you,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB SATA-3GB/S HD for O/SWD 160GB SATA 3GB/S HD for FSXWindows XP64 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Hola Juan,Sure, there are a few things that you can do.1. Turn off shadows. Or, if you don't want to do that;2. Don't use AI aircraft made for FS 9 or previous versions. Or, if you don't want to do that;3. Don't use airports made with old-style (FS 2000 and previous) techniques, no matter how pretty they are.Many people have often complained about backwards compatibility and insisted that new versions of FS should not support older scenery techniques. They have gotten their wish in this instance; FS X will not display old-style AI aircraft when used in conjunction with old-style airports if shadows are turned on.Best regards.Luis

JuanIf you can see AI at default airports, than it seems to me that your issue lies in the add on airports. Turning off aircraft shadows probably won't help. I think that "fix" is for ghost-like looking planes. Parking radius and wingspan data are a more likely answer. Check the download source of the add ons to see what they say. Otherwise you may have to alter parking radius yourself.Your English is fine.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

>Hola Juan,>>in this instance; FS X will not display old-style AI aircraft>when used in conjunction with old-style airports if shadows>are turned on.>>Best regards.>>LuisActually my wish is for the new version it will be dropped totally so we end up with far better quality and problems ;-) http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André