Sign in to follow this  
skip d

no sound

Hope this is the right forum to ask this question. I have lost all sounds in FSX. All other computer sounds work fine---nothing in FSX. I checked the "sounds" box on the menu bar,and it appears to be on. Up until today,whenever I hit the "mute" key on the keyboard,it would work fine. Same with the volume control wheel on the keyboard. Now neither works,however they work fine on other programs. I did a search,but got no help.Thanks--skipHP;Vista 64;Q6600;4gb;8500gt;Logitech wireless mouse&keyboard;Dell 1905;FSX SP2

Go to the sound menu under "settings" and make sure everything desired is checked. Also look at the "windows sound devices" drop down list and try different devices if available. Mine is set to "default primary device".ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Did all that and also checked each box for 'properties working correctly'---everything seems ok---all comp. sounds functiong and the speakers are hooked up right and producing music just fine---Strange that the 'mute amd volume controls' work fine --except for FSX.

Just opened the 'sound' folder in yhe FSX main. Double-clicking each entry brought up the media player with each sound being heard clearly--so I guess that portion is ok. What can I try next?How about a 'restore'

Does the sound section of your fsx cfg file look something like this?AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000PrimaryDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}VoiceDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}SOUND=1SOUND_QUALITY=2SOUND_LOD=0UISound=1AmbientUI=1You could try deleting that part, or the entire file if you don't have a lot of tweaks.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

thanks for all the advice,guys!!I did a 'system restore' and it gave me back the sound!! Not sure what happened or why,but i'm glad its back.thanks again.skip d