Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Your advice: Ultimate Traffic or My Traffic?

Guest Mower

I have UTX but it is dated and MTX 5.2 looks interesting, might have better FPS and the forum is active and updates come often.Opinions?Is it worth changing over?

I too have UTX and was interested to see that Flight One have just announced they are working on the next version of UTX ... "In regards to the "Next Generation" of Ultimate Traffic, we can only say that an all new edition is well into development. It uses all new code, and we envision it to be a very exciting product. Again, we cannot say much about it now except we hope that it is released later in 2008. It will be an FSX only product"http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/...5134&FID=6&PR=3Hopefully this new product will be worth the wait and will come at a discounted rate for us UTX owners!

I recently switched from UT to MTX 5.2 . Much better on the frame rates especially on an old box like mine. I can double my traffic settings but I keep the GA real low as there is alot of it in MTX.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I use neither! I use World of AI, The pros for this package is it's freeware, The models perform better than UTX, and maybe slightly less than MTX, but are more detailed and look better than both (IMHO). Most if not all major airlines are included, and many commuter and minor airlines, with more added and updated almost now everyday. Flightplans are real world schedules. The installer sets up the fltsim sections in the aircraft.cfg file automatically with both proper ATC and parking definitions for each airline.The negatives for this package are, each airline mist be downloaded individually, and installed with an installer, although multiple airline packages can be installed at the same time. My advise though is only install a few at a time, because every once in a while an install may fail, because of a corrupt file, (Maybe from a bad download), that you may have to clean out manually before continuing. Flightplans are built to FS2004 standards, so if you intend to continue to use FSX traffic files, you'll need to take the extra step and convert the traffic files to FSX format using traffic toolbox or similar program. Else you will need to disable (rename with different extensions) your FSX traffic files. This will leave you with no GA traffic, although you can install a third party FS2004 GA package on top of WOAI, or the limited WOAI GA packages. There is some Military packages as well but not as many as MTX would have.All in all though I think it's a very good alternative to both UTX and MTX. You can check out some of my videos below to get an idea what you can expect.You can gt WOAI here!www.world-of-ai.com

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Mower

I have looked at WOAI in the past and found it to be far too labor intensive.

Guest Mower

The "new" UTX looks to be of interest, possibly, but there is no detail as to what it will include or a firm release date beyond fall 2008.

>I have looked at WOAI in the past and found it to be far too>labor intensive.You are right more labor is needed to set it up, especially if you hit some bad files. Once setup though, it works really well!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Lennyt

MyTraffic is excellent. I've used it in its various incarnations since 2002. Easy install. Models are very nice and huge amount of traffic. Also very nice on the framerates.

I have no direct comparison, but I have used the 2004 version and am now running the X incarnation.It satisfies my needs for realistic traffic and runs well. I had only minor impact on framerates and the support is good.

Guest Mower

So now I see that Traffic X from Just Flight is released and it has some neat options like a follow me truck to drive around the airport and a "spotter" to watch the air traffic. Kinda neat things to have. But the discussion suggest that the FPS penalty is there.http://forum.justflight.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=9

I prefer UTX. I am glad they are upgrading for FSX.I bought My Traffic 5.1b for FSX. But I was dissapointed that it had traffic for limited number of airports. UT with the exception of military and GA, it had the whole world of commercial aviation covered for the most part. My Traffic, I have found even the ones that was supposed to have traffic, you may not find it if it clashes with another traffic file. i.e. it depeneded on others playing by the rules. Which is a pain in the butt if I have to debug to figure out the offending file. This has been my expierence. Not sure how good an improvement the 5.2 is. I was not going to pay $15 EU for the upgrade knowing the issues I have had.So I am going to wait for the new UTX. I loved UTX for FS9. I am also a little dissapointed that I have to pay for an FSX product purchase upgrade. This is not an FS9 product that I purchased. I bought My Traffic for FSX. And this is an upgrade from 5.1b to 5.2 and I have to pay for it. Ofcourse, if this was a super duper upgrade then, this price may not be a factor. But I am not so sure of its that kind of an upgrade.To be fair, the UTX for FSX has been a vapourware.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Mower

Hey Manny...Yeah there's no info really on ##### is going with UTX so I am basically stuck between MT 5.2 and Traffic X.

Guest United

I love 5.2 My Traffic. The new FSX AI models are very, very nice to look at and do not hit my frame rates at all. I did use UT, but they seemed to lose interest in their product. That a UTX is being developed if fine, but lately, anything being recoded from scratch for FSX takes 2-4 years to get out the door. Sorry, I ain't waiting.Randy Jura, KPDX

Same here, I love MyTraffic 5.2 with FSX. Haven't used Ultimte Traffic lately but do remember it being a frame rate hog when I used it with FS9. The only glitchy thing with MyTraffic is sometimes the AI aircraft disappear when lined up too long at a runway, maybe that's supposed to happen to keep things from piling up but it looks a bit funny when a plane is lined up behind you and then it's gone the next minute.Craig