Sign in to follow this  
shorthaul16

MyTraffic or ATC. Whose fault?

Just installed MyTraffic. In the attached photos I am the DC-9. ATC told the aircraft ahead of me to hold, and look where it stopped. Would that be a problem with ATC or MyTraffic or both?Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

I can't answer your question Bob. However, I can commiserate. LOL I fly fighters and was just getting ready to hold for takeoff at #1 after the F-16 ahead of me was cleared for TO at Meridian NAS. Just as I started to pull up a student pilot in a T-45 taxied off the runway from the wrong way and stopped nose to nose from me. I had to taxi around him.I use MyTraficX also.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

ATC and MyTraffic are both working exactly as designed.AI aircraft stop with their reference point on the hold-short line - and it looks like the DC-9 is correctly positioned.Doug said that MS uses a formula to place the hold short lines x distance from the runway based upon runway width.This doesn't match the real world, because 1. very few AIP charts have the ALL hold short locations specified and 2. many real world hold short locations are so far from the runway that FS would never allow aircraft to takeoff.If that very minor behavior glitch bothers you, I'd suggest you modify the airport parking and data file.You need one of three tools to do so in FSX.Personally I use and recommend Airport Design Editor - ADE.However, to use ADE and FSXPlanner - you must have the Deluxe version of FS and have separately installed the SDK. You also must have upgraded your FSX to at least SP1 and have upgraded the SDK version to match the FSX version.I strongly recommend SP2 for both - but some folks choose to keep the old version bugs.If you do not have the Deluxe version of FSX, you have a choice.You can buy it and install ADE - which I recommend.Or you can purchase Airport Facilitator X from Flight1 - AFX.When you go to moving hold short locations - be sure to keep the ring circles of the hold short range visible so you don't move the location outside the working distance.Also, remember that runway blast pads and overruns are not part of the runway, so you must have the hold short range circle over part of the actual runway.Another option is to search for FSX AFCAD files to see if your desired airport has be done by someone - maybe they moved the hold short nodes farther back.However, I suspect you are going to find you already have an "AFCAD" file for that airport from the My Traffic install - so you may need to figure out which program was used to build that file.This would be a question you need to ask on the My Traffic forums. Though I don't use My Traffic full time - I have to say that Burkhard does an extremely good job of support - probably one of the best in the FS community.

Hi,I've seen this happen as well.While I cannot name the culprit, I would go with the above explanation. I do know that once the AI plane is on hold for too long, it will magically disappear . Obviously not the solution for a DC9 on short final, though....:)