Sign in to follow this  
jmig

Aerosoft's F16 is released

Guest Mower

I do not see the point to this: you cannot deploy the wepaons nor fight the jet in a tactical environment...for F16 action you should get serious and go here...http://www.freefalcon.com/

What you gave is not for FSX.BTW..neither can the F-18s that we have so far. In fact none of the addons we have in FSX can fire missles. I am afraid its more to do with FSX than the addon aircrafts.I prefer Ace Combat for firing weapons.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

OK..I bought it... flew it for a while. The VC is nice and the night lighting is pretty good in the VC. Other than that..the flight model and the experience etc (atleast from thge very limited flying I have done so far), its very similar to the acceleration package F-18.So....MAnny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest JIMJAM

I was prepared for a slide show and much to my amazement,its REALLY GOOD!Just have done a few quick flights and I can tell you its really well done.You know when you fly a new plane for the first time,add power,take off and do that first roll and a big :-) appears on your face?Well this plane past that test for me!I have not even looked at the manual but seeing from the fps and overall performance on my mid level machine, I look forward to digging through the instructions and spending some time in this plane.I live near Shaw AFB and McEntire so I see and hear these everyday.Great to see Aerosoft get it done and appear to get it right.

Guest jprintz

A conformal, collimated (and hence *accurate*) HUD, among many other things, make this F-16 very much DISSIMILAR to the Acceleration Pack F-18. ;-) With all due respect, this jet probably deserves more than a scratch of its surface... but of course, every simmer has his or her own favorite type of flying, right. May not be for everyone. (I personally could never quite get into "THE" 747 that so many raved about, even though I recognized that it was a great addon... just not my taste I guess.) But anyway, I am certain of this: there are things in this F-16, very significant things, that have never before been seen in any MSFS product... things that, to the best of my knowledge, only 1 other development group is even trying to implement. So I hope that people will find the effort to add such things to have been worthwhile.>OK..I bought it... flew it for a while. The VC is nice and>the night lighting is pretty good in the VC. >>Other than that..the flight model and the experience etc>(atleast from thge very limited flying I have done so far),>its very similar to the acceleration package F-18.>>So....>>MAnny

Guest Mower

I have never understood the point to having combat jets in FS: their purpose is to kill and destroy, not site see.Again I say: there are far better, more realstic COMBAT sims for the F-16 about...really just one actually: Falcon 4 and its communiyt mods Free Falcon and Open Falcon, also its commercial update, Alllied Force...http://www.lead-pursuit.com/news.htmThis aeorsoft drivel is nothing but a shallow poser.Carry on.

Guest jprintz

Hi Mower. People have differed on this topic (military planes in MS Flight Simulator) for ages. Reasonable differences of opinion, I'm sure...To me, personally, saying there's no point for military jets in FSX, since we can't shoot anything, is a little like saying there's no point in having crop-dusters, since we can't really dust anything. And beyond that, with the new FSX capabilities to drop objects and develop missions and such, it's getting to the point where weapons can be deployed and AI affected by it. I don't personally care about that though. I, and many others, simply like the feeling of flying these jets around real-world scenery, in all of FSX's glory. If you had the chance to fly an F-16 but were told you couldn't deploy any weapons, would you refuse and say "well then, I don't see the point, so no thanks." I hope not!!! ;-)And Falcon 4... don't even get me started. It is a great SYSTEMS and combat simulation, no doubt. But.... it does not have scenery for the entire world. It does not have any of the other countless features that FSX DOES. But the biggest thing lacking from Falcon 4 is that it provides no convincing perception of flight -- no feeling of buoyancy, or as if one's actually floating, dynamically, through a fluid... it is not there in Falcon 4. This richness IS provided in FSX, IMO. In it, the flight models are much more dynamic, fluid, and of higher fidelity. To me, Falcon 4 is not a FLIGHT simulator. I don't mean whether something flies "by the numbers" or doesn't... I mean providing a realistic sensation of flying through a dynamic atmosphere.>I have never understood the point to having combat jets in>FS: their purpose is to kill and destroy, not site see.>>Again I say: there are far better, more realstic COMBAT sims>for the F-16 about...really just one actually: Falcon 4 and>its communiyt mods Free Falcon and Open Falcon, also its>commercial update, Alllied Force...>>http://www.lead-pursuit.com/news.htm>>This aeorsoft drivel is nothing but a shallow poser.>>Carry on.

Guest geebeer2

I guess your right about not being able to kill and destroy stuff because you can't actually shoot anything down, so why bother.Of course you can use that same logic with commercial aircraft.You can't really transport real people around in that silver tube so why bother?What ever floats your boat Chris. (Or plane) :-rollBest,Jan

Guest jet54

Just loaded the new F16, Im getting terrible fps and is freezing the sim every view change. My system runs most add-ons pretty well, this one im having trouble with. Im running XP, 3.2 single, 3gigs ram, 6800 nivdia,Guess its time for some more power.

Guest firehawk44

An update has been released by Aerosoft.Jim

I love the Aerosoft F-16. The HUD is the most realistic HUD I have ever seen. The radar is the most accurate I have ever seen in a flight sim airplane. The flight model IMO is different from the F-18. The F-16 is much harder to slow down and you must be ahead of the airplane. The opposite happens when pulling hi G loads. Here you need to keep you smash up or you will lose altitude.It may not have a combat mode. However, I have yet to see an airliner model with an attendant who brings you coffee. How realistic it that? :)

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II