Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne FSX

New SP4 Beta just being released, with more gps and other fixes. Go get from digital aviation website Forum.

Looks like the SP is also good for FS9! (seperate DL) Great news!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

The Read_Me file clearly states:Only install this package if you want to participate in the beta test. If you downloaded it only to get the latest version,don't install it!http://digital-aviation.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=5118List of fixes:Gauges- GPS causes a CTD at first section of a DME Arc leg- GPS causes a CTD when selecting FPL after a "direct to" was selected on WPT page- GPS causes a CTD when selecting a SID (runway) on the WPT page- More GPS CTRS- DME Arc drawing routine fixed- Wrong drift angle indication on NAV page fixed- Wrong NM per gallon calculation fixed- Direct-To functionality fixed- Hold inbound course selection fixed- Missing decimal on fuel used display fixed- Sound volumes save error fixed- Heading bug can now be controlled by key commands KEY_HEADING_BUG_DEC and KEY_HEADING_BUG_INC (see gauges.h in FS SDK)- Altitude arm can now be controlled by key command KEY_AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_HOLD (see gauges.h in FS SDK)- Selected altitude can now be controlled by key commands KEY_AP_ALT_VAR_INC and KEY_AP_ALT_VAR_DEC (see gauges.h in FS SDK)- Turning heading bug on co-pilot HSI does no longer change GPS course- GPS CDI switching to Approach Mode before passing initial waypoint- Joining of legs in procedures fixed- One additional issue with intercepting a direct to course fixed- KEY_AP_ALT_VAR_DEC and KEY_AP_ALT_VAR_INC events for the autopilot pitch control (see gauges.h in FS SDK)Model- IIXL: AP Warning and Free Gyro annunciators order corrected- Taxi/Landing Lights exchanged on exterior model (FS9 only)These things will not be fixed. (Reasons in brackets)- Dome light visibility during daytime (we run out of available light sources. That's why the light works only during the night)- GPU visible in multiplayer mode (would require a major rework of the model which is currently not possible)- Pressing Shift+L turns on the landing light (this happens with a delay and I still don't know why. Please use the light switch instead if you want to avoid the problem)

Guest Shalomar

When they make it compatible with shared cockpit I'll jump on it... :-)Donald T.(__/).................................(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Well it fixes most of the GPS crashes and thats whats important. And i think it will require a model update for the shared cockpit but that would be good.

Guest davidvoogd

How's the framerates on it?

I'm really glad to see they are working on some updates. It's one of my favorite aircraft and a joy to hand fly. My biggest complaint was that I couldn't map the heading bug to my CH yoke, but this update will address that. I'm not a big fan of the Trimble GPS, but it does work like the original. I'm surprised there are very few repaints available, hopefully some will be available in the future.Dale

Dale

Guest Brad33712

I was just getting ready to buy this aircraft.. Looks fantastic.. I'm a Private Pilot and have flown co-pilot in the real thing a couple times.. Should I wait until they get the fixes done and release a new version? Or will the fixes be available for free download as a patch? Opinions?

I don't have the FSX version, but I'm pretty sure the FSX version is the same as the FS9 with a few exceptions to the inner workings. The Piper Cheyenne, even before having the FS9 version patched, was a favorite of mine because of how well it flew. The FDE is probably my favorite of all payware aircraft I have. Only comparable are the Dreamfleet planes. The Cheyenne will make an excellent 30 degree bank without pitching all over like most in MSFS. It's actually easy to handle and not a pain to maneuver.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Well, not to say you don't need back pressure in the Cheyenne, but rather if you're climbing or descending or even level, the Cheyenne is much more forgiving in pitch and won't overcorrect for the smallest amount of input. That is what I find most frustrating about FDEs in MSFS, the sensitivity of pitch during a turn. Some planes, when making a turn will drop like crazy, and when I try to correct for this, I end up rocketing the other way. I know I shouldn't focus on the VSI, but it'll drop way below 1000 FPM with a 30 degree bank, and when I try to level her back out, the VSI shoots over +1000. Sometimes it seems no amount of adjustment corrects the problem and I'm forced to go through a bunch of inputs to get it back at the altitude I want. Just too sensitive IMO. The Cheyenne and the Dreamfleet aircraft I have (Baron, Archer III, A36) seem much better about not fluctuating all over the place, allowing a smooth turn up to 30 degrees in roll without requiring what I consider an abnormal amount of back pressure or power increase. In other words, I find it much easier to make turns, such as those of a hold or departure or approach, in those aircraft, while maintaining a pitch I want or just level flight.The planes I find very difficult have all but been removed at this point, but the default planes (FS and FSX) all seem to be touchy. I'm not sure if some FDEs are more reliant on power to stabilize this pitching in a turn, and some are fine at take-off power, but are impossible at slower speeds. The ones I've had trouble with, I've done all the power increase and back pressure I would think would help, but any tiny amount of elevator input makes things rough. I have FSUIPC registered, plus the CH yoke and pedals, and I've tweaked the controls to give me the best ability to fly all my payware planes. Some are just too sensitive.

- Chris

I have this aircraft for FSX and I am happy that they are fixing it up. I have never experienced any crashes, and now that I installed this new beta I still have not experienced any crashes.It flies perfectly and the fps is good. However I have not tested all aspects of the beta patch.

I haven't flown anything else regularly since I got this - it has the best VC I have seen.It always worked fine for me before the recent fixes so I don't think you need to wait.There were allegedly CTD problems arising from the Trimble GPS but I think you had to get pretty deep into its facilities to find them. I use it simply - load up a flight plan from FS itself and follow that route and I have never had a CTD. If you start changing your route in mid-flight, loading approach procedures or doing direct-to's etc you might have had trouble but hopefully the service packs have fixed those now.

ngxu_banner.png