Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne FSX

I had this aircraft on my hard drive (purchased it when it was new)and just recently tried to install it in FSX. I did use it on a former computer.However, the install got "hung up" and I cancelled it 3/4 through. Now, when I try to reinstall it, it keeps telling me that it already exists in FSX. Well, it doesn't, and I tried deleting all files in FSX relating to it under Digital Aviation. It doesn't show up in Control Panel or under Programs.Question: Is there a formal UNINSTALL PROGRAM for this plane? I can't reinstall it until it's completely uninstalled.Thanks.Stan

Guest firehawk44

"I tried deleting all files in FSX relating to it under Digital Aviation. It doesn't show up in Control Panel or under Programs."Also do a search in Windows registry for digital aviation and delete all entries or run a registry cleaner. There may be some leftovers in the FSX.cfg under Gauges too and, although you didn't mention it, make sure the aircraft doesn't exist under Sim Objects/Airplanes.Most programs have a formal uninstall program but if it doesn't show up in your control panel under installed programs, then you have no way to "formally" uninstall this program other than doing what I stated above.Jim

Thanks,It's definitely not under Sim Objects. I checked. I'll check the registry...but I also have another Digital Aviation plane that works well. Hopefully, I can identify the proper gauges that would belong to this plane.This is a tough one.

Guest firehawk44

"It's definitely not under Sim Objects. I checked. I'll check the registry...but I also have another Digital Aviation plane that works well. Hopefully, I can identify the proper gauges that would belong to this plane. This is a tough one." I don't have this aircraft but trying to help. I noted in another thread you asked the difference between the Digital Aviation aircraft and Aerosoft's and the reply was that it was the same one, just a different publisher. Therefore, it was probably originally installed under the Aerosoft title. This is why it's telling you it is already installed when you run the Digital Aviation setup program and there's no Digital Aviation folder, etc., etc... Jim

I was able to uninstall it by going to Program Files and moving all files under Install Shield Installation Information to a temporary folder. Reinstalled the Cheyenne, and moved the Install Shield info back.That worked. This idea given to me on the other thread.Stan

>I had this aircraft on my hard drive (purchased it when it>was new)and just recently tried to install it in FSX. I did>use it on a former computer.>However, the install got "hung up" and I cancelled it 3/4>through. Now, when I try to reinstall it, it keeps telling me>that it already exists in FSX. Well, it doesn't, and I tried>deleting all files in FSX relating to it under Digital>Aviation. It doesn't show up in Control Panel or under>Programs.>>Question: Is there a formal UNINSTALL PROGRAM for this plane?> I can't reinstall it until it's completely uninstalled.>>Thanks.>>StanYou might have to use RegCrawler to clean up the Windows Registry, and then delete file in the Windows Temp directory.