Sign in to follow this  
thrakete

PMDG MD11 new purchase feedback

Wow the MD11 is pretty sophisticated and runs ok on a Dell Inspiron 9400 2 Gb RAM and stock NVidia GeForce 7900 GS 256 MB RAM. Framerates range between 10 - 30 with the sliders set to that recommended by the Orbx group.At first it crashed FSX alot, but after having run it a couple of times, I was able to complete the tutorial flight without problems and without tweaking (sometimes it seems software has to run a couple of time to get 'broken in', like a new engine or a pair of shoes!)I purchased the combo package, and the price took a big bite, but speaking only for myself I'm satisfied with the cost/value ratio.Hope this feedback may be useful to others! Thanks!

Hello,I have a new Dell XPS 760 (Q6600, 4gigs, 2 Nvidia 9800's, Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I run a fairly big GOFLIGHT system with yoke and pedals.After loading a few of my older FSX aircraft I went for the big one and bought the PMDG MD-11.I really enjoy complex system addons and this one is no disappointment. I'm just a sim pilot but I have been at this for years. Usually I can get one into the air from cold&dark in about a day. This one is different. The systems are integrated to the point that I am spending a lot of time in the Tutorial/Manual to learn the systems. So far, two days in, I can start up, load most of the FMS and get the engines started. I taxi around a bit to test my setup but I still have a ways to go before "real flight". Runs at about 20+fps on almost all of my airports.My other favorite is the Majestic Dash 8. Not as sophisticated a bird but very "system integrated". A real joy to fly in FSX.Anyway, I never thought I would spend this much $$$ in "these times" but this one is really worth the investment to me. One tip for those with GOFLIGHT systems - I use FSUIPC4 for all of my setups for the Throttle and buttons. It works great for me and is not bothered by the "Vista" bugs that seems to enter into almost every install of an FSX addon. I do a lot of restore points and also use ACRONIS Trueimage on a 1tb external drive to save my work so I can rollback when an install or change goes bad.Cheers to all,Ron SagelNear KCHS

Guest Mower

Problem with something like ACRONIS Trueimage is AFAIK it will not work with multiple partitions like I have: OS and FSX and scenery all reside on dedicated partitions.I agree about the PMDG MD-11: it's been on my radar for years...I have also really enjoyed the PMDG 744x...money very well spent!

>Problem with something like ACRONIS Trueimage is AFAIK it>will not work with multiple partitions like I have: OS and>FSX and scenery all reside on dedicated partitions.Just curious why you think Acronis will not work with multiple partitions? Each partition will be treated as a seperate drive under the OS and each partition can be backed up by Acronis. It works perfectly fine been using it for years.

Guest Mower

Okay then maybe it would work...now just where I will get $$ for a TB worth of external SATA HDD space though I dunno...no way I'd try backing up that much data on a fecking USB2 cx!

>Okay then maybe it would work...now just where I will get $$>for a TB worth of external SATA HDD space though I dunno...no>way I'd try backing up that much data on a fecking USB2 cx!lol...that is an entirely different question!! ;)

Guest steve1103

I Need helpWhen I click on the PMDG MD 11 in the aircraft folder to load so I can fly.I This message A Fatal Error Occurred. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but I am still getting this message.Thanks for your helpSteve Dean

I took the plunge too and am very impressed. Except for some Font iusues in the VC ( there will be an update ) the VC is immaculate. And yes, the learning curve coming from a Boeing platform is steep. I tried my ' own ' tutorial flight thinking I could just wing-it. Not so :-)Lots of fun !Greghttp://www.fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

2008-10-17_9-3-47-214.jpgVery happy with the PMDG-MD-11.WARNING this is a defininate RTFM addon!

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

I really didn't want another wide body and am hoping the PMDG FSX 737NG will be out soon. However, because of the initial reports I may go for the MD-11 anyhow.How does it compare to the PMDG 747 in regard to computer resource demands? I have no computer performance issues with the PMDG 747.Regards, Thanks,Thrakete

If you have no problems with the 747, then the MD-11 will be even better. It has alot less demand on the system than the 747. PMDG put a great deal of work into optimizing the product this time around. I was like you and had no interest in the MD-11. I purchased anyways, and now it is the only plane I want to fly. KyleFS box: Q6600 (@ 3.24 GHz), ASUS P5E3 Premium, 4 GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 (Cas 6-6-6-18-2T @ 1440 MHz), BFG 8800GTX 768, Soundblaster XFi Fatality, WD 300 GB 10000 rpm VelociRaptor (FSX), WD 150 GB 1000 rpm Raptor (FS9), Samsung Spinpoint F1 750 GB (OS/Apps), Silverstone TJ09 case, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 PSU, Vista Ultimate 64WideClient1: An old P4 with 1 GB ramWideClient2: Compaq Presario Laptophttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant