Sign in to follow this  
ErnieAlston

Question on Visual C++

Guest ftrusky

I've seen mentioned that with FSX it's a good idea to install C++ as it can be required for certain addons to operate properly (although should stand to reason the developer would put the redistributable needed in their installer - maybe not). I also remember reading that FSX or Accel (or both) install C++ (which versions I am unsure of). So, I'm getting ready to do a new install on a new machine. I do not install the SDK's (don't know how to use'em LOL).Micosofts downloads site shows the following for C++ that appear appropriate (but I really don't know). (Also, I'm on Vista 64):Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)The Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2005 installed. 8/27/2007 Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)The Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2005 installed. 4/10/2006 Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ SP1 on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2008 SP1 installed. 9/16/2008Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2008 installed. 11/29/2007 VS2005 SP1 Update for VistaThe Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista addresses areas of Visual Studio impacted by Windows Vista enhancements. 3/6/2007 Any suggestions on whether I should install some, all, or none of the above, before (or after)I install FSX/Accel?

Guest ftrusky

Think I found my answer from a previous post. I shouldn't need any just to install and run FSX.

Your first thought is right, the developer will provide any necessary redistributable libraries etc in their installer for their package to work.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg