Sign in to follow this  
jrhoads

Default G1000

"Good choice Ron"Thanks Richard:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

"Also, the Mindstar G1000 has assignable keyboard commands so no need for the mouse."Almost... the G1000 display has to be selected for the keyboard commands to work. So if you have mouseclicked something on another display the Mindstar G1000 key commands won't work until you have mouseclicked onto the monitor with the Mindstar G1000 display again. If that means dual monitors, one with the PFD and another with the MFD you would still have to mouse over whichever display you wanted to use the key commands for.This is definitely a step forward from no key commands but does not lend well to full cockpit simulations where the builder is wanting to get away from any mouse use. If you are using only a single monitor for the full panel this is not an issue and even those running an external view display would rarely have a problem.I'll be testing the Mindstar G1000 along with the default FSX G1000 and Flight1 Cessna Mustang G1000's with Simkits G1000 hardware. One of the areas of interest for me is if I can feed the two Simkits displays from my triplehead2go and therefore by clicking on one of the displays have the key commands workable on either display.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest RichardL

Sorry but I don't believe what you wrote is completely correct. Here is a link to the same issue at MindStar.http://www.mindstarprods.com/cgi-bin/avfor...?num=1224525172As long as the main monitor has focus, the keyboard commands work. If you move the mouse to a second (third, fourth ...) monitor, the keyboard commands do not work. So, if you have the PFD on a second monitor and MFD on a third monitor and keep the mouse focus on the main monitor, keyboard commands work.If a cockpit builder is using the keyboards commands through an interface for the PFD and MFD, there would be no reason to have the mouse on other than the main monitor. Unless .......Will be watching for your test report on those products.Richard

I stand corrected Richard. Thanks for the link to the forum posting. I had talked with Stasi about this before the fact and must not have understood from the description. With the triplehead2go won't even need to undock. The two Simkits will be the primary monitors and the secondary will handle outside view via projector. Should be interesting to review.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hopefully it wont be taken the wrong way, and not intended so as well as I respect and appreciate Stasi's work on the Mindstar unit.But from an informational point of view, even our Mustang G1000 includes WAAS approaches. And yes, the AP couples both Lnav and glide path. Expect to hear more very soon.Regards,Jim RhoadsFlight1