Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Carenado C152 is out!

Can I add to the praise? 20 years ago I gained my PPL on C150s. Although I've not now flown for quite a while the Carenado brings back those memories brilliantly.The look and feel, sound and performance match my memory really well. I've already re-flown quite a few of my log book flights around the North of England from my local field Sherburn in Elmet (EGCJ). Mind you, Gerry Winskill's UK cooling towers and masts are as useful in FSX as the real things are to VFR navigation! (Avsim library - UK_ANO_FSX)I have one problem - if I shut down after a flight - I cannot restart the engine. Electrics, fuel, throttle, mixture all set correctly - but it won't fire!Must be me - any ideas anyone?Chris

Mine starts up fine.Mixture all the way forward. I've tried with and withoutpriming the engine.. starts either way.Make sure you don't run down the battery.. then you have to reload the airplane.As a check.. does it start if you use CTL-e ?

Bert

Well, I've discovered the reason I cannot start the engine - but it doesn't make a lot of sense.I had slightly "de-tuned" the engine to match the hp of the C150's I flew (100hp v 110 hp for the 152)i.e I set the thrust_scalar at 0.91 not 1.0As I said - it flies impeccably and bang on the numbers with this mod. However the engine turns from cold but won't fire!Set it back to 1.0 - no problem.Any gurus out there understand this one?CheersChris

Anyone flying this with SP1? I emailed carenado about compatibilty and they said they didn't know. I got the usual response of why don

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Carenado has recently stated that they would only be releasing fully FSX Certified aircrfat moving forward. That means aircrfat that are 'true' FSX models, and will be fully compatible with SP2, the Acceleration Pack, and DX10.Makes sense to me actually, as Aces has promised that by doing so, these aircraft will also work with the future release of FSXI.That said, I'm not sure why these new aircraft would not work in SP1.Why not buy it via Flight1 using the 'wrapper system', and if it does not work for you, get a refund within 30 days?

Guest Republic DC-9

I bought the plane Friday night, installed it, and have flown it for about an hour with no problems, and I only have SP1 installed. Mainly because I've had no problems under SP1, and didn't want to jinx it by installing SP2.The Carenado C152 looks great, flies great, and is everything I hoped it would be. Nothing fancy, because the real plane isn't fancy, it's just a well done recreation of the real plane. I'm not a pilot, but have rode in several, and it seems like the real deal. And the handling is nice, I can actually land it on the main gear first rather than my inevitable three wheel touchdowns with the Carenado C182 (bad flying skills).I did a nice flight from my home airport (8D1) to Manitowoc (MTW) and back with live weather and had a great time. Carenado's stuff is the best, IMHO.Now, if the repaints would only start to flow.

>Carenado has recently stated that they would only be>releasing fully FSX Certified aircrfat moving forward. That>means aircrfat that are 'true' FSX models, and will be fully>compatible with SP2, the Acceleration Pack, and DX10.>>Makes sense to me actually, as Aces has promised that by doing>so, these aircraft will also work with the future release of>FSXI.>>That said, I'm not sure why these new aircraft would not work>in SP1.>>Why not buy it via Flight1 using the 'wrapper system', and if>it does not work for you, get a refund within 30 days?>>Actually I thought of that at first and checked the F1 site but maybe it was to early to be there. Guess I'll give it shot next payday. Im kinda nostalgic to that AC also as its one of two I flown right seat IRL.I bought the Just Flight one last year and its ok but I like all of Carenado's GA that I have bought so far.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

>I bought the plane Friday night, installed it, and have flown>it for about an hour with no problems, and I only have SP1>installed. Mainly because I've had no problems under SP1, and>didn't want to jinx it by installing SP2.>Exactly my point. After 1

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Right now I have an installation roadblock with the 152. When I first double click the executable file to install, it can't find FSX and doesn't give me an opportunity to manually specify the path. I have FSX installed in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X so the installer should be seeing it. Carenado and I are still emailing back and forth trying and resolve it. I just have SP1 installed.

Thanks to one of the members on this forum who referred me to a registry repair tool in another C152 post, the C152 is now successfully installed and works fine. Thanks AVSIM.

For those who asked, I am flying the C152 with only SP1 installed, not SP2 and not Acceleration. So far the C152 works fine, right down to the opening ash trays.

Guest Shalomar

And vents... and windows... and doors open/close with handles...:-)It would be a lot nicer if sound would actually reflect flying with an open vent or window...DonaldT:-wave

There is a utility somewhere that allows you to set the correct location in the registry for auto-location. I think it came from the people that produce a series of programs from a "Tweak" series.Try: http://tweakfs.comRegards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

From my memory of flying one for 60 hours 20 years ago opening a vent won't change the noise (the engine is too loud) but will change the wind on your face. A fan on the desktop could simulate this! :-lolA window would be a different story!You guys are convincing me to get this puppy.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Is there a fuel shutoff valve or fuel crossflow control (I don't know what the real C152 has)? I see a small red plate on the floor, but didn't find a control yet (although I haven't looked that thoroughly yet either).Also, I can click on most of the gauges to bring up a "pop-up" gauge except the fuel tank and temp gauges don't seem to want to pop-up. Carenado told me the ammeter gauge is not meant to have a pop-up.