Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Carenado C152 is out!

On the ADF receiver, you can click the knob to the off postion and the beacon goes off. You might want to zoom in and over for a better view.I have a little more than 90 Cessna 152 real-world hours, and this aircraft is uncanny as to how similar it feels and performs. Bill G KSAT

Bill, have you tried this?On my install, the knob is there and moves, but the sound does not go off. :-(

Bert

If you feel there are issues, email them. I did not notice this as I do not turn off the beacon sound while navigating to/from an NBD very often.Now...I noticed that my radios would not turn on from a 'cold and dark' state, and was provided a new gauge file that fixed it, I believe that fix will be included in an upcoming patch.Also, the dome light and pitot heat switch are 'flipped', and that will be taken care of in a patch as well.Bottom line, Careando were great working though these issues, and I was emailing with them practically back and forth in 'real time' while the issues were being examined this past weekend.So, email them, and let them know of your issues. ;)

Guest Republic DC-9

Very exciting! I can't wait to buy it and fly it this weekend.One question, how large of a file download is it (I'm the lone dialup user in our midst I suspect).Looking forward to their new 172 as well...Thanks,Steve

Bert,I just re-checked it and it worked. I am flying out of San Antonio, KSAT. to the north is the Alamo beacon at freq 368. The Morse ident is AN. The volume knob on lower left of the ADF radio will turn it off.

That is really strange... I did submit the problem to Carenado and they responded:That aircraft was done for not emitting ADF sound.Very weird. I just tried and not sound on ADF..CarenadoWhat makes it even stranger, is that I opened the ADF gauge code and found that the knob is a "dummy" and does not switch the sound, so really wonder how you got it to work. ;-)I ended up adding a line to the gauge code and now it works like the real thing on my system: I've suggested to Carenado that they include it in the patch.

Bert

Guest davidvoogd

For those that own it, would you say the C152 is that much more realistic than the FSX Mooney, 206, 182 etc.? What distinguishes it from those addons?

Regarding the ADF ID sound... Apologies to Bill who responded above.Sometimes I can make the knob work, other times not...For now, we'll just call it "new user"...If I ever figure it out, I'll report back.

Bert

It depends on whether I am in the 2d cockpit or the virtual cockpit..In the virtual cockpit, the ADF Ident knob seems to work, so that is where I'll stay. :-)

Bert

How does it compare to the free JustFlight/FSInsider 152? (Bearing in mind the JF has Rob Young -- RealAir -- flight dynamics)?

I only flew the JS 152 a couple times on short jaunts, the the Carenado model feels a bit 'heavier' in the turns and not as nimble.I haven't been in a 152, and behind the yoke, of a 150/152 since I was a kid, so cannot really remember which seems more realistic. Perhaps some of the above comments shed some light here.In terms of all the other comparisons, the Carenado is much more to my liking in terms of textures and the overall detail and 'feel'....as with most Carenado models, lately they just feel more realistic than much of the competition.

Ditto to the above. They are both good and fun to fly, but the Carenado virtual cockpit in particular is a whole level of refinement beyond the JustFlight airplane.

Bert

Bert,No apologies needed. I forgot to mention that I was in virtual cockpit mode. I seldom switch over to 2D panel mode. If so it is to get another view of an instument, and then back I go to virtual. Bill G,KSAT