Sign in to follow this  
sargeski

ASX+X Graphics vs. Flight Environment X

Guest Mower

Thanx for the in depth explanation Falcon, much appreciated!I have UTX USA and Canada as well as GEX, do they conflict? Should they appear in a particular order in the FSX scenery list?If I have x-grafix does that somehow conflict with the above with respect to the the ground textures like the airport tarmacs etc?Thanx again.

>Thanx for the in depth explanation Falcon, much appreciated!>>I have UTX USA and Canada as well as GEX, do they conflict? >Should they appear in a particular order in the FSX scenery>list?>>If I have x-grafix does that somehow conflict with the above>with respect to the the ground textures like the airport>tarmacs etc?>>Thanx again.ASX, X-Graphics, UTX, FEX and GEX all function together with absolutley no conflicts. If however, you would like to use FEX textues (Clouds, water, and sky) and owned X-graphics, you would want to disable cloud, water and sky textures within X-graphics.All the above mentioned programs work just wonderfully together ansd nothing needs to appear in any particular order in your scenery library unless you are plannning to throw some custom landclass into the mix. Then the custom landclass would need to be sandwhiched between UTX layers as such:A: After installing your secondary landclass files, enter the scenery library through the FSX control panel, locate the landclass files you use and place them in the library list between the following UTX items: UT LANDCLASS - UrbanLANDCLASS X <-------------- Place all landclass products between the UTX Urban and Vegetation layers and enable as needed (only ONE)LANDCLASS Y <------------------|LANDCLASS Z <------------------|UT LANDCLASS - Vegetation Click OK and let the database build.

Guest -BeNt-

I run all the stuff you have listed in harmony. If you do get it, and in my opinion you should, then remember to redo xgraphics and uncheck the sky stuff and clouds in the options. And with FEX you will get the Super High Definition clouds now that are at 4096 textures and look so real you wanna jump out of your plane and float on them.

>Thanx for the in depth explanation Falcon, much appreciated!>>I have UTX USA and Canada as well as GEX, do they conflict? >Should they appear in a particular order in the FSX scenery>list?As to your specific question above about UTX and GEX...I'm not sure yet you understand the Scenery Library concept, based on the question. With only those two products, there is no "...particular order in the FSX scenery list" that comes into play.UTX WILL get added to your Scenery Library, because it contains "scenery files"...filenames with the .bgl filename extension. Example filename: somewhere.BGL <---GEX will NOT get added to your Scenery Library. The files are TEXTURES and have a different filename extension (example filename: xxxx.TXT <--- ). Texture files BY THEMSELVES don't get added to the Scenery Library. They don't need to be "layered" or "prioritized" in FSX. They get "called" by an associated "scenery file" to be used with THAT specific "scenery file". GEX just replaces textures that are in your overall FSX installation using the same filename as the default FSX textures. Then FSX uses those new textures whenever a "scenery file" calls for that same-named file.-----------------------------------------Also, one correction to the above poster's list showing how to layer ("sandwich") third-part Landclass between the UTX Urban and Vegatation layers. You CAN have more than ONE third-party Landclass enabled at the same time in those layers. For instance, if you have the Scenery Tech North America Landclass, AND the FS Genesis USA Landclass, you can put BOTH of them in those layers and enable them BOTH. You would place the FS Genenis USA Landclass ABOVE the Scenery Tech one (that would be CRITICAL). The reason you can do this is because the Scenery Tech Landclass covers ALL of North America (USA, Canada, and Mexico), while the FS Genesis Landclass ONLY covers the USA. If you layered them this way...FS Genesis USA LandclassScenery Tech North America Landclassthen enabled them BOTH, you would get Scenery Tech Landclass for Canada and Mexico, and FS Genesis Landclass for the USA. The FS Genesis USA Landclass would have a "higher priority" than the USA portion of the Scenery Tech North America Landclass.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Guest RET_1935

Hey Everybody, I finally got everything downloaded and installed. I had my first couple of flights this afternoon. All I can say is, "Thanks!" I have all the programs working in harmony and it's just bliss. The first time I came down through a deck of super hi-def clouds into Salt Lake City I just couldn't stop smiling! I think I am going to let X-graphics keep rendering the sun, moon and sky until I have time to compare its rendering to that of FEX through use. The water and clouds are sort of a no brainer. I'm really glad all of these products can work so well together and even if I am not using all of the features from any one program or product the cumulative effect of them working together, in concert is worth every penny.

At present FEX does not have an option for Sun and Moon textures so, you'll have to stay with X-Graphics.Glad to hear your enjoying the new software.