Sign in to follow this  
ABE

Landing Smoke Effect

I lost the Landing Smoke effect. I tried to check and change the aircraft settings. Got nowhere. I hope I do not have to do a repair from the disk.Could somebody please let me know the settings and the file or files that would fix the smoke effect.Thanks. I appreciate that.Abe

Guest jshyluk

There's a box to check for Advanced Animations in the menus. Turning that off will lose your smoke.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Thanks Jeff. I checked that before and I checked it again after your response. Advanced animations IS checked off....but NO smoke effect.Would appreciate any additional thoughts.Thanks.Abe

Guest jshyluk

I was tired in my last post, maybe I am unclear:No check mark = no smokeCheck mark = turns smoke on.Still, if that isn't it, maybe your FSX.cfg file is screwed up. You can re-name it to something like FSX.old, and the next time you boot the sim, it will automatically generate a new one. If that isn't the issue, then you might have a deeper problem. My advice is very basic, so there could easily be more going on that I can think of.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Thanks again, Jeff. I'll try the FSX.CFG suggestion and post the result if successful (or not). In any case, I am going to pursue this until it is resolved with no time limit imposed.Abe

Tried FSX.CFG, did not work!! I still think it is something fairly simple that I am missing. I am surprised that NOBODY that had a chance to read this request did not come up with a solution.I'll wait a couple of days, then I'll probably post it at Flightsim, hopefully I'll get lucky and somebody will come up with a solution.Thanks.Abe