Sign in to follow this  
jjn47

Great PA Scenery!

I'd like to thank Jim Cook for providing some of the most meaningful FSX scenery for me. Recently Jim posted some scenery on the front page of AVSIM for Wilkes-Barre, PA. I was born in that city, and it meant a lot to me. Very realistic. I emailed Jim and asked if it would be too much trouble to do KABE (Lehigh Valley, Allentown). He did it in 2 days and I tried it last night. I flew out of it last night and now, it's a whole new experience for me since this is my default airport in FSX. I see Jim has produced KMDT, Harrisburg, PA.too. I just downloaded that and look forward to flying into the airport next to 3 Mile Island (famous for Nuclear accident years ago).These airports were lifeless before this scenery. Now they bring FSX to a new level for me.Thanks again, Jim.

Guest JimC1702

You're very welcome Stan. I'll be uploading Lehigh Valley to the Library tonight. I've almost finished York, PA and have a request for Erie, PA which I've started, and it's looking pretty good.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Jim,Let me toss my thanks in here also. I think I've downloaded almost every darn airport file you have listed in the library. They "bring to life" each and every one of the airports you created them for. If this keeps up, I may need a new hard drive just for "airport.bgl" files. If you get tired and need a break from all those cold, rainy, eastern airports, there's this nice warm, sunny little airport out here in Las Vegas called Henderson Executive that is sorely lacking a good "afcad" addon.....(OK, I hate to BEG, but...but....).;-)Rick

Rick Ryan

I'd like to extend my kudos to Jim as well. I've dabbled in redesigning my home airfield and it can seem like a daunting task at times, yet it seems every few days or so Jim's coming out with something new - and it's all done very well! So, thanks for your gifts to the community Jim and keep up the excellent work.Best regards,Kendall#1: E8500 @ 3.95 - HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - XG's 174.74 Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

I second That! Really nice stuff. Im glad to see people working on more GA airports. Jim, I wonder if you would be able to do my home airport in Long Island sometime.(Republic Airport FRG). I could provide you with any info you need including pictures if you wish. Let me know. Again, thanks for the wonderful addons!Rob

Guest JimC1702

Thanks guys!Rob, I've looked at Republic Airport before, and the problem is, with Ultimate Terrain, vehicle traffic runs right down the whole length of the main apron. It's pretty distracting. :) I tried sliding the apron closer to the runway but there wasn't enough room to clear the road. If you can ignore the vehicle traffic, or shut it off, it would be ok. I will take another look at it though.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

I haven't tried your PA airports yet Jim but THANK YOU for doing them. KAVP is my home airport. I have downloaded it(and your other PA airports too)and will explore it soon. Thanks Again!Jim

Wow-I just searched the library and your work is formidable!I look forward to trying some of your stuff too.Thanks so much for your work and thanks for the heads up Stan.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Hi Jim,Thanks for the great KMDT scenery. This is my home airport and the scenery looks superb from the screenshots! Just like real! Unfortunately, as I am a FS9 only user, I won't be able to enjoy it. Any chance someday for an FS9 version of KMDT?Tim

I second Keith's request for KLNS (Lancaster, PA). Also, it would be great to fly a Harrisburg, Lancaster, Reading, loop with your great airports Jim. Thanks for your work.

>Great PA scenery, but where are the 'rednecks'... couldn't>see any :-)>>(Sorry, that's a dumb political joke for those of you aren't>following the campaign... apologies in advance :-) )>>Bryan>>>I was born in Central Pennsylvania near State College and like someone said..."PA is Pittsburgh and Philly with Alabama in between". LOL!!!

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

I also have been enjoying Jim's PA scenery for FSX and wish to thank him as well.Jim,If you're so inclined to acccept request for other PA towns, I'd like to request my hometown of Williamsport (KIPT). Thanks for considering.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Shalomar

Reading is done. Check out the free stuff on MAAM-SIM's site... KRDG right down to the soda machines. Made for FS9, but does great in FSX.Thanx Jim for all th other great PA scenery!!!Best Regards, Donald T.(__/).................................(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.