Sign in to follow this  
nigelgrant

Downtown Toronto scenery

OK, I guess it is just symantics in my original message i.e. there are textures, but they are not the ones referenced by the model so in the end the result is the same, the building appears as missing (but the lights as attachpts do still display).Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Close, but no banana :-)If I open up the model file with a text editor, I do see the correct texture filenames... from there - I am lost...

Bert

Where is the model file?ArtBiostar TF560-A2+ | Athlon 64X2-6000+ | 4GB PC2-6400 RAM | Geforce 8800GTS-320MB | 500W PSU | 250GB HD | FSX(SP1-Acceleration) | UTX | Audigy SE sound | Vista Home Premium 32 bit | CH Yoke (modified) & Pedals | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

If you open up Scenery/NAME/Scenery/Toronto.bgl with BglanalyzeX, you'll find 52 mdl files. Toronto_19.mdl contains:

Bert

Looks good to me-was just staying at that hotel next to the Cnn tower last year upset that the lousy weather had kept me from flying in..Still want to fly to Island airport-it and Burke Lakefront are the last left like that after Meigs closed-who knows how long they will stay open.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Thanks. I used bgl2xml to analyze the toronto.bgl file and got model "data" listings in the xml file. Beyond that, I'm lost.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+ | Athlon 64X2-6000+ | 4GB PC2-6400 RAM | Geforce 8800GTS-320MB | 500W PSU | 250GB HD | FSX(SP1-Acceleration) | UTX | Audigy SE sound | Vista Home Premium 32 bit | CH Yoke (modified) & Pedals | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

CharlieI tried importing the FlightOntario Toronto scenery into FSX and I got a CTD. I had removed the Toronto.bgl in the NAME scenery folder. With 1235 bgl files to check in the FOGTA scenery folder to isolate the CTD culprit, this is too much to try! Did you get a CTD and if so how did youeliminate it?NigelVancouver

>Charlie>>I tried importing the FlightOntario Toronto scenery into FSX>and I got a CTD. I had removed the Toronto.bgl in the NAME>scenery folder. With 1235 bgl files to check in the FOGTA>scenery folder to isolate the CTD culprit, this is too much to>try! Did you get a CTD and if so how did youeliminate it?>>Nigel>VancouverWhy would you remove the Toronto.bgl folder from the NAME scenery folder? Did the FlightOntario Toronto scenery installation direct you to do so? Usually addon setups deactivate default scenery without removing the files.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+ | Athlon 64X2-6000+ | 4GB PC2-6400 RAM | Geforce 8800GTS-320MB | 500W PSU | 250GB HD | FSX(SP1-Acceleration) | UTX | Audigy SE sound | Vista Home Premium 32 bit | CH Yoke (modified) & Pedals | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

A "Toronto City Centre" scenery package has been uploaded to the library addressing this issue and others. The missing city hall remains a mysteryArtBiostar TF560-A2+ | Athlon 64X2-6000+ | 4GB PC2-6400 RAM | Geforce 8800GTS-320MB | 500W PSU | 250GB HD | FSX(SP1-Acceleration) | UTX | Audigy SE sound | Vista Home Premium 32 bit | CH Yoke (modified) & Pedals | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

ArtThe FlightOntario Toronto scenry is for FS9. Just downloaded your modifications for Toronto and looking forward to trying themNigelVancouver

Guest Bravo_Uniform

Thank you for this scenery! However, I seem to be experiencing issues with Porter Q400's as they disappear after landing. I'm assuming that the gates aren't coded or they are small (Should be a GATE_SMALL at 15.00m I believe). Is it possible this can be fixed?Thanks in advance.

I rearranged the existing default parking spots, and there were no gates. When you added AI traffic, the necessary parking spots may have been created then, and my scenery would have removed them. Send an email to the address in the readme file, and I can attach a revised airport bgl file to the reply including gates.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+ | Athlon 64X2-6000+ | 4GB PC2-6400 RAM | Geforce 8800GTS-320MB | 500W PSU | 250GB HD | FSX(SP1-Acceleration) | UTX | Audigy SE sound | Vista Home Premium 32 bit | CH Yoke (modified) & Pedals | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Has the AFCAD changed on this scenery.My ILS is now offset,but I don't know if this is due to this scenery,or something else I added before.Ron

Ron Service

>Has the AFCAD changed on this scenery.My ILS is now>offset,but I don't know if this is due to this scenery,or>something else I added before.The "AFCAD" is changed, but the ILS was not intentionally changed. Isn't the ILS approach to CYTZ offset in reality?ArtBiostar TF560-A2+ | Athlon 64X2-6000+ | 4GB PC2-6400 RAM | Geforce 8800GTS-320MB | 500W PSU | 250GB HD | FSX(SP1-Acceleration) | UTX | Audigy SE sound | Vista Home Premium 32 bit | CH Yoke (modified) & Pedals | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | 22" WS LCD monitor

Art