Sign in to follow this  
ph_han

help on performance

Hi, Some time ago I read about a small company who helps you with tweaking fsx, but also check your complete system. And after reading and tweaking a lot myself (many thanks to Nick)but with medior result, I wanted to them a try.But unfortunately I forgot their name and website.Could someone help me with that?Han Jeurisse

Guest UlfB

Hi Han,I this is the company that you look for: http://www.fs-gs.com/ ?Could you please post your hardware specs and what OS you use? I would also appreciate if you would give me feedback on how the system unification worked out for you.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Hi Ulf,Thank you so much. It is indeed the site I was looking for. My hardware specs are:Q6000 @3GhzAsus P5K-E4Gb Ram Corsair pc6400 cl4Asus EN8800GT 512 mbFSX Acc/SP2Vista 64 Ultimate2xSamsung 500gbI have some strange problems I cann't fix myself.I cann't get nHancer work properly, I have to set AA wthin FSX to work.I cann't overcklock more than 3GhzI get very poor performance over LondonI get poor performance in cloudy overcastSo I was thinking of calling in the professionals.I'll let you know how things go.By the way, your name Ulf sounds German-like to me. I live in the Netherlands nearby Maastricht. Again thank you,Han Jeurissen

Guest UlfB

Hi Han,>By the way, your name Ulf sounds German-like to me.I'm from Sweden. I think that the German version of the name is Wulff.>I cann't get nHancer work properly,>I have to set AA wthin FSX to work.Regarding nHancer some simmer prefer to use it. I don't use nHancer any more. With the most recent nVIDIA drivers I get good graphical quality in FSX and I have AA enabled within FSX.>I cann't overcklock more than 3GhzI'm no expert on OC:ing and I can't help you on this one. Maybe you might more info and help over here:http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59My OC is pretty simple. I just raised the FSB, added some voltage to the memory (within Corsair specs).>I get very poor performance over London>I get poor performance in cloudy overcastSo do I, compared to flying over rural areas with only one stratus cloud layer. When flying over dense urban areas I often reduce autogen. Often completely without autogen when flying add on airliners. I avoid using thick cumulus cloud layers. Using several dense cloud layers will have a great impact on performance.>I'll let you know how things go.That would be very nice :-)Hope you'll get more power to your FSX!Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Guest -BeNt-

Hey guys, I've used FS-GS's services and it has made a world of difference. He had tuned acouple machines for me both FS9 and FSX and you will tell a difference. You have nothing to lose if you don't like the service and it doesn't live up to what he hypes, and its does live up to a exceed expectations, then you don't pay. I would email him and see about getting his service done.I run this:e8400 @ 3.6GHzAsus Rampage Formula x48Mushkin DDr2 9200 @ 1200 MHz 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1veVGA 8800GTS 640mb Before his service I was running ok I guess but had stutters, blurries, shimmers all that crap. I tried several tweaks here including Nick's which helped a bit and did eliminate some things. But after FS-GS you will run a locked 28 FPS and for the most part stay there with everything turned all the way to the right. It will be the best money you have spent on simming in years, and like I said you don't like his service, it doesn't help or what not then you don't pay. But he is very good at working with you until your sim is running the way it should. I know this will probably start a flame war with a "you can get those tweaks for free on the forums", or "you don't know how to setup a machine which is why it run like crap", and all that jazz. But believe it or not I'm quite fluent in the art of setting up machines, I've have certs, degrees, etc but he still showed me some things I didn't even realize, or didn't know about. This is not an advertisement merely a happy customer.Luke

Hi Luke,Thank you for your reply. It's these happy customer remarks that I rememberd. I'm kind of tired twitching and tweaking my computer in stead of flying and having fun.Regards,Han Jeurissen