Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Carenado Cessna 152 installation problem

I've emailed Carenado, but maybe someone here can help before Carenado responds.After unzipping the downloaded file from Carenado and double clicking on the executable file (file size 26,510,576) I get a message "FSX isn't installed!". My FSX is installed in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X just as Carenado says it should be in their help files at their web site.Also I didn't see any installation instruction in my download.Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest Gary Buska

Most installers will give you the option to look for the folder to install to. Even though you have it where they state it should be a manual selection might still be needed. It is certainly worth a tryGary BuskaSenior Library Manager / Forum ModeratorWWW.AVSIM.comAVSIM ON LINE

My FSX install is on my 'E:' partition and the 152 install had no problem finding it at all.Be patient, and see what Carenado's resonse is.

Thanks guys. The installer never started up. Once I got the message that FSX was not installed, it wouldn't go any further. There was no opportunity to manually choose the path.After I emailed Carenado about my problem, they did email me back asking if I had administrator priviliges. I told them this is a home computer and have installed two other of their planes on it and asked if there was any settings I should check. That was several hours ago. I'm waiting for them to get back to me. I understand their support is very good so I'll wait and see what they suggest.

By any chance have you installed fs9 in between the previous carenado birds and this one? If so, it may be a registry issue. There is a freeware program here on avsim that you can run to "fix" this issue.Ken

Ken,I've never had FS9. Carenado and I are trading emails, but no luck yet.John

Heiko,When I click on the link or try to manually go to www.tweakfs.com the web page is displayed for a second but before it's fully loaded I get an error screen.Carenado asked if my FSX is installed in the path C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XFSXDoes anyone else's path have the FSX on the end of it? Mine doesn't. Since it seems no one else is having a problem with the installation, it must be something with my system. The installers for my other Carenado planes (182Q and 206 Stationair) both initiate successfully.Carenado and I are still trading emails every few hours.John

My path is:E:Flight Simulator XFSX, and it worked fine.FSX is simply the FSX.exeIt seems to me, for whatever reason, the Carenado installer is not finding the FSX.exe file. That is the file the installer is looking for.Have you tried the free FSX registry tool?.....ooops just noticed you are having a problem opening that page...Try this from Flight1:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Thanks guys. That registry tool did the job. I owe you a beer. Is there anything you guys on this forum don't know how to fix? I just did a short flight from Lancaster PA to Reading PA. The 152 is a nice little plane. It's a nice fall day so I made the flight with the window open.