Sign in to follow this  
jwhorfin

Help with the Carenado Cessna 152

Howdy all, I have spent quite some time today at removing the reflections / tint from the windows in this plane. I've tried darking alpha with DXTBMP and editor as per numerous instructions across a quite a few forums. I've tried editing the Alabeo152a_Reflection.bmp in the texture.CALYPSO folder since this seems to be the default loading color and all color folders for this plane for that matter which clearly show this reflection in the editor. :-zhelpI removed the Alabeo152a_Reflection and Alabeo152_WindowsA / Alabeo152_WindowsA spec from all the texture directories and reflections remain. I'm clearly (get it? ) LOST.I have no joy and taken a year off the life of my hard drive today loading up to see if it worked. If someone could fix this for me I would greatly appreciate it because life's too short :)

Bueller... Bueller...I know everyone's tired of answering this question. I have managed to fix other planes. I just can't fix this one. Any insight at all?

I'm with you. I even removed the reflection file from the texture folder - to no avail. I have also been sucessful in fixing other planes. I wonder if pehaps it is hardcoded in the model files. I note there is an interior model file. I love this plane, but am not crazy about reflections on any flight sim A/C. Perhaps not so "realistic", but that is my preference! I would be thrilled if someone can figure this out.Bill G, KSAT

Thanks for feeling my pain Bill. I have also sent a email to Carenado asking for any help with this and will let you know if any fix is possible.I like to see my UTX and GEX at work unobstructed :-)

A gift in the mail tonite Bill:-beerchugA note from Carenado support:Attached is a texture which eliminates the window tint.Replace it in all the texture folders which have it.Feel free to upload it to public sites if you want.CarenadoI have not tried it myself and will get to installing it on the weekend. I checked out uploading it to the library but I need to hit the sack tonite. PM me your email and I'll send it to you when I get in tomorrow nite.....DougAnd many thanks to Carenado for responding so quickly and an awesome job on this plane!

Were you able to post the transparency fix to the Library - have not seen it? The green windows really messes up the photo-real scenery and the normal landclass is also grim. Thanks in advance.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I have submitted it but I'm not the author of the file so we see if they accept it. If you want pm me your email and I'll send it to you.

Window Reflection/Tint removal Patch is now uploaded to the library as:Cessna C152II Window PatchFile is alabeo152prop.zip

Thanks John!I downloaded it and will try it out later. Appreciate your efforts and sharing.Bill G, KSAT