Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

SDK Installation Error

Guest byoung

I am getting the following error (See attached graphic) when I run the SDK setup.exe from the ORIGINAL FSX Deluxe DVD.Any ideas how to fix it? I have tried the Windows Installer Cleaner, but no luck. Setting up a network computer for simconnect.Thanks!Barry

Barry-You do not have to install the SDk to get the files you need to network FSX and another computer. You can find the .XML and .CFG's right on the DVD where the SDK is located, just navigate to the SDK folder and look for the files there.BTW what program are you trying to network?

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest byoung

I am just doing some testing with a simconnect utility I am working on.Interesting, that is the way I have done it before. My understanding is that you install the SDK, and then after that is installed, you run the simconnect.msi file to install Simconnect. Then install the SDK SP1A, then simconnect.msi (in the same order).Am I missing something?Thanks!Barry

Hi Barry-Well in that case maybe an install of the SDK is best unless all you need are the basics.Then yes:FSX Service Pack 1 update applied FSX SDK installed from FSX Deluxe Disk 1 FSX SDK SP1A update applied Then configure your FSX (Server)computer and add these files:ApplicationDataFolderMicrosoftFSXSimConnect.xmlMyDocumentsFolderFlight Simulator X FilesSimConnect.iniLocate and copy the SimConnect.msi (SDK installation folderSDKCore Utilities KitSimConnect SDKlib) to your Client computer and run it.Finally copy the SimConnect.cfg to the Client machine as well and place it in your MyDocuments FolderHope that helps

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest byoung

Thanks for the help. But I can't do this step FSX SDK installed from FSX Deluxe Disk 1 because of the error I attached to my first thread. That's the problem!Please help!Thanks!

Guest byoung

I think it is a memory issue. I am ordering some more ram. I tried it on another computer, and it installed fine.Thanks all for your help!Barry

Guest byoung

Found the issue. I need .NET 2.0 installed. But the memory will help.Thanks!

Glad you found a resolution to your issue. Unless you are running XP 64 bit or Vista having more than 2 G of RAM will not make much of a difference.Cheers,

\Robert Hamlich/