Sign in to follow this  
Daveo

Carenado C152 2D Panel Problem

Just a quick question for anyone that has purchased the new C152 from Carenado. When I start FSX with this plane in the 2D panel, I see everything just fine except for the runway. It's like Im setting to low in the seat and can't see anything but the clouds and blue sky. I've never had this problem with anything before. I have SP1 and 2 installed. Maybe Im doing something wrong! Anyone else having this problem? Thanks in Advance...Steve

Try pressing shift+enter a few times, or shift+backspace

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

SteveIs this the C152 II from Carenado? Mine installed OK and the 2d view is fine but I see what you mean - you are a lot lower in the seat than the other Carenado planes (faulty springs?). I use the VC 99.9% of the time so its not an issue. (FSX + Accel in VISTA 64) FYI my (Default View) X=0, Y=0 SIZE_X=8191 and SIZE_Y=5076.RegardsPeter Hayes

SteveI have looked at this a bit further and trying to change the height of the pilot so that you can see the runway doesn't seem to work in this plane. The only workaround that I use is to make the panel transparent on the fly by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+T, then using the + and - (plus and minus) keys to the left of Backspace, (fades the panel in and out).RegardsPeter Hayes

Peter, Thanks for looking into this Panel problem. Yes I am talking about the new C152 II. Somehow I feel they want you to use the VC panel only for this plane. If you look in the panel folder, there is only 1 Bipmap file for the 2D panel. In other Carenado planes (example the Cessna 182RQ) there are 3. This means you have different views you can select within the 2D panel. I Can't belive they would design it different this time around. I would call the default 2D view for the C152 II, a IFR View. If you enjoy using only the VC panel, then this plane is fine. But I guess I still enjoy the 2D panel view. One funny note is that I tried using Shift Enter keys a few to many times. Then when I look left then right I was now viewing the world from the top of the wing.Steve

>Just a quick question for anyone that has purchased the new>C152 from Carenado. When I start FSX with this plane in the 2D>panel, I see everything just fine except for the runway. It's>like Im setting to low in the seat and can't see anything but>the clouds and blue sky. I've never had this problem with>anything before. I have SP1 and 2 installed. Maybe Im doing>something wrong! Anyone else having this problem? Thanks in>Advance...>>SteveHave you tried zooming out some with the foward view in 2D mode to about .60 or so? I have issues like that with some CLS AC. Gives you a little more periphery also. I don't have this particular AC yet, prolly grab it on the weekend. I was waiting for feedback about it being used with SP1.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

>Just a quick question for anyone that has purchased the new>C152 from Carenado. When I start FSX with this plane in the 2D>panel, I see everything just fine except for the runway. It's>like Im setting to low in the seat and can't see anything but>the clouds and blue sky. I've never had this problem with>anything before. I have SP1 and 2 installed. Maybe Im doing>something wrong! Anyone else having this problem? Thanks in>Advance...>>SteveYea Just bought it and see what your talking about. Zoom out didn't help on this one. Im going to try to make a VFR panel out of it by trimming off the bottom switches like they have in their previous aircraft.Flys great by the way with SP1 And everyting works. Except maybe VC rain but thats not on my list of priorities.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest delta_one

I've just got the FS9 version of this airplane, anyway i added the following lines to the panel.cfg file to make the 2D forward view visibility better :-[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=1,0VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=4.0, 0.0, 0.5

delta one,you fixed it! I tried your view lines in my panel.cfg file and it works perfect. Thank you very much for sharing this much needed lines. I tried emailing Carenado two times about this problem. They did respond, but not with this kind of fix.Thank YouSteve