Sign in to follow this  
c152flyboy

FS Genisis Vs FS Global2008

Im sure this question will have been posted else where, but any way could someone please advise.I am going to purchase one of these programs. Could you please advise which would be the most suitable to go with UTX Europe & UTX USAThanks Bill

I have Fs Global2008 and it is very very accurate. I live in the dominican republic, and when i go to my town in fsx (A very remote one....) i now can recognize every mountain that i know in the real world :D. If you try it you will love it.

Juan Ramos

Happy FSGlobal user here.I would assume you will be happy with either choice and they should both play friendly with UTX. Both products deal with mesh and elevation more than with landclasses and textures. They'd go "beneath" the UTX layer(s) AFAIK.

i have FSgenesis and i use it with UTX and GEXn as well. i think it is a great add-on for FSX and would not want to fly with out it. i went back and forth between this and FSGlobal but i think FSGenesis has better mesh for more of the world and the new updates Justin is working on gets rid of the plateaus around the airports. USA and Mexico are already in V2 and AK, HI, Canada and the rest are not far behind.

Guest algeggi

Hi all,I, as well, would like to install some mash or landclass, but I really dont know what I have to do. I do not have installed nothing new yet and I really do not know if my configuration could support new addons. At present FSX with Sp1 and Sp2 works well. I have a Intel quad core 9400, 3 G ram, Nvidia 8800 GTS. Now I'll be wery pleased to know if there is someone could write a list of what I should install among mesh, land class or terrein whose, I confess, I really do not know the difference. Taking into account the power of my pc configuration, that is not the maximum, is there please someone who could make a list of products I could install in order of priority? Thanks Algeggi

c152flyboyI decided on FS Genisis because of the greater differences in the mesh resolution over the default and FS Global.Just DL last night, not had a chance to install.Will let you know how I get onBill

before you install run a flight in an area where you know there to be some good terrain variations, and take a couple of pictures, then load FSGenesis and fly the same route and take some more pictures. i know you will see a definite improvement.