Sign in to follow this  
A36 Apache

Section F8-F86 Sabre Port to FSX

If you can't wait for the SectionF8 interim port to FSX it is very easy to do and the result is awesome. The auxillary power cart doesn't work but the engine starts using CTRL + E. I unzipped the installer programto a tempfolder and cut and pasted the files into the appropriate FSX folders. The opaque canopy glass issue in the VC is easily fixed using the freeware editor dxtBMP and MS Paint. "A36 Apache" posted a detailed procedure at the SectionF8 FSX forum. Thanks to Section F8 for this beautiful bird.

I've gotten quite a bit of the problems ironed out and intend to do more work with textures (making them more photo-real). I'm new at this though. Not at making textures, but at making changes to FS. So far I have noticed that everyone that has moved the plane to FSX has reported some different things. Maybe it's due to so many different installation details... I couldn't say.Sometimes I am even able to get the cart working.StartCart.jpg

Hi. I've had it working great in FSX. What is the cart supposed to do in FSX? I've also added a toggle so that the Gear Down, and all other messages, in the top left can be turned off/on. I added a toggle to turn on/off the status board too. I added camera view for all of the available outside views and two in the cockpit. It is a really beautiful plane. Thanks Jan! Best regards, Bob.

The F-86 has batteries aboard that will allow a restart, but the starter puts a heavy load on the system and it could mean not having enough juice to restart later if there's a problem. The cart provides power during starter use, so that the batteries are not drained.You see the same things being used on modern executive jets.What kind of edits did you have to do to make your changes?

I added the ATC Simicon which was missing. I added two toggle icons for the Window10 (Status) and Window11 (On Screen Display) to the panel.cfg. I added the following camera definitions in the aircraft.cfg:TailL Side ViewR Side ViewOblique RightOblique LeftOblique Left FrontOblique Right FrontLanding GearRight ConsoleLeft ConsoleRegards, Bob.

ATC drives me crazy. I wish the message scrolled like ATIS and comm choices were offered along the bottom of the flight window, or something similar.