Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maakeff

Where to Buy?

Guest Maakeff

Hi, there.I'm new to these forums, and they're a bit of a maze, so I hope I am posting this in the correct place!Basically, I'm looking for advice on where I can purchase FSX products and expansions from, any reliable web-sites (preferably based in the UK) that you'd care to recommend, and at a push any shops here in old Blighty that might stock them?Mark.

Guest RonB49

Hi Mark and welcome. You'd probably get more views in the MS FSX Forum. It is a bit hard to make suggestions without knowing what you're looking for. Do you want hardware (joystick, yoke, pedals) or software? If the answer is software, then what kind, additional planes, scenery, utilities, etc.? Flight sim Web sites often tend to specialize in one, or a few, type(s) of addons so more info will be helpful.Have you looked in the file library here at AVSIM? There's lots of good stuff for free. You can also check the front page for a link to the AVSIM store.R-

Guest Maakeff

Hi, R.I'm looking for additional planes, mainly: I want to see what's available, how much, what kinds of planes, what's reliable - both software-side and which web-sites are good to buy from - that kind of stuff. I appreciate addons are also available, and free, but I have this inherent distrust of home-grown software that's not sold, you have no come back or assurance of quality, you see.I guess I'm really just after recommendations of where you can buy the stuff from, and any web-sites to avoid...Mark.

Guest RonB49

>Hi, R.>>I'm looking for additional planes, mainly: I want to see>what's available, how much, what kinds of planes, what's>reliable - both software-side and which web-sites are good to>buy from - that kind of stuff. I appreciate addons are also>available, and free, but I have this inherent distrust of>home-grown software that's not sold, you have no come back or>assurance of quality, you see.>>I guess I'm really just after recommendations of where you can>buy the stuff from, and any web-sites to avoid...>Yes, this is helpful information but now we need to get someone else involved in our dialog. You see, -- I have this inherent distrust of store-bought software that's being sold, you have no come back or assurance of quality, you see. :)Just joking (sort of); I do buy payware products but mostly terrain enhancing scenery products and audio enhancements. Most of my planes are freeware. I enjoy modding them to make them fly more like I think they should and creating my own instrument panels.R-

Guest Maakeff

>I do buy payware products but mostly>terrain enhancing scenery products and audio enhancements. OK, that's great - where do you buy them from? Where's good enough for you, and therefore probably me too?