Sign in to follow this  
Guest pwheeler

Best Traffic Package - Opinions welcomed

Guest Serte

Good day. I'm about to purchase a traffic package, but I'm not sure which one to use at this point.I'm running:Q9450 on ASUS Maximus Extreme w/4GB2x9600GT (non-SLI)+ Matrox TH2GO - six monitors totalVista x64FSX w/AccelerationI get fps of around 10-15 on/near the ground, depending on area, with FSX default airliner and GA traffic at 30%.I fly worldwide. I'm not looking for super-realism, more for liveries and variety of AI craft. Would be nice to have some accuracy on the type of traffic each airline uses (IE FedEx does not use 737s, Southwest has no 747s, etc)I'm considering:UTTraffic XMyTrafficWOAII know all have good and bad points. Looking for informed opinions. Thanks for your time!

Since fsx came out I moved from Ut in fs9 to Mytraffic.I just upgraded to 5.2.I am amazed at this upgrade-I am able to set the traffic slider twice as high as I used to (now 40% ga/airlines)-see a huge amount of diversified aircraft (for instance going to Martin State, Md where I recently flew there were A10 warthogs waiting to takeoff before me like I saw while there, helicopters, military, and ga traffic). What I amazed at is fps went way up with 5.2 . I rarely see below 30 fps on my system and the airports are populated with lots of diverse aircraft at the 40% setting.So I am pretty happy with 5.2-wasn't perhaps as enthused before.Running a Intel core 2 dua e6750 2.66 ghz, 4 gigs ram, nvidia 8800 gt.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest Mower

OF all the AI traffic add-ons, ONLY My Traffic specifically acknowledges and discusses the issues of FPS AND the need to leave overhead for other mods. SO I dumped my FPS-sucking UTX for it and all is right in the world now.

Hello,Free ! WOAI and Military AI.I like them.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest Mower

WOAI is far too labor and time intensive IMHO.

i have WOAI and yes, it does take some time to load each airline, especially when they keep adding new schedules and you have to go and delete the old ones. but i give WOAI credit for having planes that look very good, they have a ton of airlines, some GA and Military as well. but seening as i just reloaded FX on a new system, i think i will be loading the new UT2 when it is released.

Guest pwheeler

The most important thing when selecting a traffic addon is this:Are the models 100% made for FSX SP2?Many traffic programs use models that were designed for FS9 and this simply causes much lower fps than you should get and they won't work in DX10 mode.As far as I am aware the ONLY traffic addon currently available with 100% 'designed for FSX' models is Just Flight's Traffic X. It is also DX10 compatible.My Traffic 5.2 has many new models that are designed for FSX and DX10 compatible and you can choose just to use these models, however, this does limit the diversity of aircraft you see.Ultimate Traffic X is all FS9 models so it is bad on your fps.Ultimate Traffic 2 looks very promising but it is not yet released.World of AI I believe uses many FS2004 models so it will negatively affect your fps and won't be DX10 compatible.From the above IMHO, the best option is Traffic X. I bought it last week and I have had no problems. I can double my levels of traffic over Traffic 2005 for the same fps. There is good diversity and I get lots of GA traffic as well as comercial traffic at the majority of airports.I would also recommend Super Traffic Board to view your traffic - its an excellent addon and really good value for money.

Guest pwheeler

Most of thise issues are due to people having left over FS9 format traffic .BGLs after uninstalling their previous traffic software.If you have an old format traffic database then it stops any native FSX traffic from appearing. I know people have had trouble with old versions of My Traffic and WOAI not uninstalling these files. Once you manually delete them Traffic X aircraft appear. (It also helps to delete the default FSX traffic database otherwise you get default aircraft appearing)Initially there was an issue of not enough traffic, but Just Flight released a hotfix to up the levels very quickly after release.Also some of the GA aircraft (helicopters for example) are not selected as default when you compile the traffic database. You have to manually select these.I am having no issues at all with Traffic X and it looks great.The only problem for me is that the manual is awful and the interface is not particularly intuative (Traffic 2005 was the same - must be a Just Flight thing!). Once you get your head around it though its fine.Paul

Guest RET_1935

I had Traffic X and returned it for a refund!The problem is not with left over .bgl files, although that is one of many issues, it was simply released without a thorough shakedown. The many problems it has are posted on their message forum should have been caught by the beta testers because they are obvious and cripling in my opinion. The hotfix solution does nothing but make things worse. A flight from a regional airport using that hotfix might give you a couple of planes there but by the time you get to a major hub it'll be so choked it'll be a slide show.I for one would avoid Traffic X at least until they sort out its problems.I would go back to UT2007 but I am now holding out for the "new" Flight UT release.

Guest Lennyt

MyTraffic easily. Huge amount of traffic and easy to install. I've had its various incarnations since 2002.

Guest pwheeler

Well I personally am having no issues with Traffic X at all - and I believe I'm not the only one. I get plenty of traffic at local airports and major airports are relatively well balanced too. I had traffic 2005 prevously and for me Traffic X is a massive improvement - even if just from the FPS improvement by having 100% FSX designed aircraft.You cannot expect any AI program to cover every single airport in the game. Personally I'm suprised that Traffic X covers as many as it does. It certainly covers every airport that Traffic 2005 did.Perhaps there is something else which is causing the issues you are having. Did you try starting from a clean install of FSX?Paul

I hate to spend money when FREE stuff works so well. AVSIM helps us out there for real! I went through three days of downloading and installing WOAI. Would it be worth $30-60 USD to avoid three days of that? Absolutely! The problem is in knowing which one is the best without spending the money! I checked out the support forums of every product I could find and even here I read reviews and comments in threads like this one here. User results were across the board on every product; it's like they all have issues and you never know which product will work best on YOUR system. So, I went with free!I don't think the comments about WOAI negatively impacting frame rates is accurate. My frame rates went up! I have all traffic sliders at 100%. I am using FScene4X, GenesisX, Ultimate Terrain X, Active Sky X, X Graphics, WOAI, and HTAI altogether. I did make adjustments in the texture bandwidth multiplier and the fiber frame time fraction variables (UTX performance settings), but I also have Autogen settings maxed out (extremely dense).Now, this Super Traffic Board program (that AVSIM just this weekend announced the release of) should improve things by removing stuck/duplicate traffic, which were the only issues I had. I read all the other traffic versions suffer the same problem.Now, if there was a trial period on these other products, then I could try them out and see which one I have better performance with.Asus P5N-E SLIIntel E84008 Gigs Corsair PC6400 (667 Mhz)eVGA Geforce 8800 GT 512 MB (2 in SLI)BlueGears bEnspirer audioWindows Vista Ultimate X64

Guest pwheeler

I agree that freeware is always better and somehow more satisfying than paying for things - as long as the quality is there. But I just don't have the patience for WOAI and the