Sign in to follow this  
Guest ziporama

World Walk Camera EMERGENCY!!!

Guest 747-400 luva

Please helpI downloaded the EZ world walk camera and it comes up with this custom view of World Walk camera and I really don't want it there. There is no uninstall button and I couldn't find the WWC thing in either of the fsx.cfg or the cameras.cfg and I have know idea how to get rid of it.Please help

Guest ziporama

Ah, do a search for cameras.cfg in a couple of places: first, check the one in your main FSX folder, that is the reference file and gets copied to your user folder. The other one is under documents and settings[your login nameapplication datamicrosoftfsx on Windows XP, the similar path for Vista (it's under users[your login name]...). Ensure you have hidden folders viewable in your Windows Explorer folders view options, so that you can locate the file. Open it with notepad, it should be the very last entry, named "world walk camera" if I recall.Instead of removing it, I find it useful to just exclude it from the regular rotation of camera views by setting the value CycleHidden=Yes in the entry for the camera. This makes the feature available via the view menu, yet removes it from the cycling of cameras, so you don't spend 10 minutes reloading your scenery if you hit it by mistake :)Etienne

does anyone know if theres a camera utility that will allow you to set an external view on-the-fly, just by clicking anywhere on the ground around you, as you fly along in the plane?I think i used to be able to do this with 'active camera' back in fs2004...it was great for watching fly by's from the ground!...and landings during replays too. From looking at the ez walk interface it seems that you need to restart fs each time you set a new view and you can only set views by using your planes location instead of being able to set it out ahead of where youre flying...unless im wrong about this i was hoping there might be something available that was more flexible as I described with the old ac2004.Dave