Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

FSX no longer launching GoFlight module upon startup! HELP!

Hello Gang!Today, my FSX decided to get temperamental on me. It no longer launches the GFDevFSX.exe module upon startup of the simulator as it has always done. I have de-installed the GF Modules program and re-installed it several times to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas how to get this back working?Thanks a bunch!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest RichardL

Sorry Dennis but I have no idea. I do have several GF units but have my own GFConfig startup issues using it with Vista64.If you haven't yet, you may want to ask in the GF site forum.

Have you tried to delete the Go Flight entry in the FSX.cfg? This has some times helped me to load programs that are no longer working. I have several addons do this and it seems to help me.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I had that same problem. I think I must have had a problem with simconnect. What I did was to cleaned the Registry, a manual deletion of the WindowsWinSxSx86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20 / directory and the simconnect.dll

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

First, what operating system are you using?Second, check your exe.xml file. Open it with Notepad. Look to see if the entry set for GFDevFSX.exe are correct. Here is what it is supposed to look like. For Vista this file is in the users(name)appdataroamingmicrosoftfsx folder.FalseGoFlight Hardware InterfaceC:Program FilesGoFlightGFDevFSX.exeNOTE: If you are using Vista the GFDevFSX.exe program will not work properly. GoFlight has a fix coming.fb

Guest RichardL

"NOTE: If you are using Vista the GFDevFSX.exe program will not work properly. GoFlight has a fix coming."When might that be? The last software update was over a year ago. Any idea why they are not keeping the software updated?I'm so tired of seeing the word "SOON" at sim sites.

I don't have a specific release date but I tested a BETA version last week. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.fb

Hello,If you think simm connect is broken, here is the repair that I needed and received from the forum:-Go to the Controlpanel --> Add/remove programs.-Ensure You have "show all updates! enabled.-Find and select "Microsoft Flight Simultor X SP2".-Click "Remove" and confirm that You will unistall SP2.At this point You might not be able to find Your "Microsoft Flight Simultor X" entry in the Add/remove list, so.......-Close the Add/remove program window and open it again.-Find and select "Microsoft Flight Simultor X SP1".-Click "Remove" and confirm that You will uninstall SP1 (might require FSX Disk 1).-Go to this folder:C:WINDOWSWinSxS-Delete these entries 3:x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_....x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_....x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_....-Insert Your "Microsoft Flight Simultor X" Disk 1.-Run Setup from the root folder on the CD.-Select "Repair" and ok. It can take a longtime to finish and progrees might seem as if it has haltet. Just wait until it finishes.-Install SP1.-Install SP2.Simconnect has now been restored.I did not use this for the GOFLIGHT ISSUE but I also lost my startup for the GOFLIGHT in FSX and just launch it manually before I load FSX.Cheers,Ron Sagel

I don't have a specific release date but I tested a BETA version last week. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.fb
THANK YOU!!! Solved my issue.Jay HearstHidden Hills, California

Okay, problem's back, but mutiplied.Using FS X and the Goflight bridge add on, now the radios don't synch with the screen, one of two P8 button modules doesn't wrork, and neither does the LG - landing gear & flaps.Here's the kicker - everything works fine with FS9!!!ould not find Sim connect on my computer.Anyone got any ideas?

Solved it, with help from John at Goflight. Just needed to install Service Pack 1, which somehow got deleted. All modules now work fine.