Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Lights...a new progam...?

I downloaded a new program from AVSIMs front page called "Lights".There are no instructions in the ReadMe as to where to put these files. Please advise.

Lights ! is a set of library object lights that can be used in FSX by means of an object placer program. The files in the "Scenery" folder go in your FSX addon sceneryscenery folder, and the files in the "Texture" folder go in your FSX Addon Scenerytexture folder. The objects are then placed into the desired locations with the placement program.Jim

Let me take this opportunity to say Thanks, Jim. These will come in very handy as I do some design work. Your sharing with the community is much appreciated!Lance

>Let me take this opportunity to say Thanks, Jim. These will come in >very handy as I do some design work. Your sharing with the >community is much appreciated!>>LanceRoger that - thanks for sharing Jim.Regards, Kendall#1: E8500 @ 3.95 - HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - XG's 174.74 Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

No problem. I believe we need other freeware folks to do the same. In FS8 and 9 we used to be able to find freeware Macro's for just about anything.Jim

Does this mean that the casual FSX user cannot use the "lights" program unless he has an object placer program as well? Please clarify.Stan

Yes Stan, that is correct. Object libraries are used to store 3D models that can be used wherever you want to put them provided you have an object placement program. They will generally be located in the "Scenery Design" section of the Avsim library. Generally, if you are interested in improving an airport, most new users will seek out a placement program which will allow them to place most Microsoft default objects wherever they feel the need. Then comes the use of object libraries by others (like me), then maybe an airport modification program like ADE or FS Planner, then some ground/terrain mods with SBuilder X, then making your own custom objects. Look at the beginning scenery design thread that is pinned to the top. It's a slippery slope...welcome aboard!Jim

Thanks....I was afraid of that. Looks like I need to get more deeply involved in FSX than just flying.Stan

Can someone please post a link? I cannot find this in the avsim library and I don't see an add on the avsim front page. ThanksPaul

>Can someone please post a link? I cannot find this in the>avsim library and I don't see an add on the avsim front page. >Thanks>>Paul129889

>>129889>>Thanks... now what am I supposed to do with that?!>How silly of me to think you would recognize a Download ID number that you can use to search with. Sorry!In case you need the assistance, I've posted a copy of the search page where you can input the number. Will you be needing further assistance finding this download?

>How silly of me to think you would recognize a Download ID>number that you can use to search with. Sorry!>>In case you need the assistance, I've posted a copy of the>search page where you can input the number. Will you be>needing further assistance finding this download?To be fair, I have never seen that search page/function myself or knew what the numbers you posted were for either and I have done a ton of searching in the library.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW