Sign in to follow this  
A36 Apache

Track IR Pro question

I'm thinking of getting Track IR Pro, and have some questions for anyone that knows about it or has the product:1. Does it live with FSUIPC (in FSX) OK? I have the registered version and use it for joystick axes and controls (which inlcudes the panning hat).2. As well as the obvious panning across the panel in VC mode, does it also work in wing view modes to pan the view (as I would now with the pan hat on the yoke)?I have heard some graet things about it here at AVSIM. Any experiences that anyone would like to share would be most welcome.Thanks, Bruce.

Hi Bruce,It resides well with FSUIPC on my system. You get panning in all views with FSX. It has transformed the VC from a novelty into a very neat tool that can be used for learning now.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Yes it works seamlessly with FSUIPC. I have used FSUIPC to change my hat switch to elevator and aileron trim, which is what they do in real airplanes. I just turn my head to pan.In side views, it can take a little getting use to. The view will move with your head. So you can lean back or forward to get closer and farther away and turn the plane with your head. confusing at first but great for screen shots after you get used to it.The only thing I don't like about IRTrack is when looking down in the cockpit, the picture will often just spin and dump full down where you are looking at the seat. I have a button set to F12 to reset the view when that happens. Still, it is disconcerting. I have fiddled with the settings but have never been able to stop this.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

One more question guys...which version of Track IR are you using? I bought Version 3 a long time ago, and was thinking about giving version 4 a shot. Is ver. 4 worth the upgrade?Thanks!

Can't compare to 3 as I never had it but I can't fly w/o TIR4.Took a bit of getting used to until I learned to control my head m movements better.For me, one of the best things is being able to keep the rwy in sight as you turn to final and line up. It almost replaces the loss of peripheral vision that a two dimensional LCD screen gives you.Love it!!Q9650 E0 CPU 3.0 o/c 4.06Asus Rampage Extreme X48 4G XP2-18200 DDR3 1800FSB Mushkin 996587 RAM 8-8-8-24-1T1-74G Raptor - XP System1-74G Raptor - Data1-320G 7200 - Programs 1-150G Raptor - FSX 1-500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx XG 174.74 702/1620/792Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyHannsG 28" 1920x1200Viewsonic 22" 1680x1050http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

>One more question guys...which version of Track IR are you>using? I bought Version 3 a long time ago, and was thinking>about giving version 4 a shot. Is ver. 4 worth the upgrade?>>Thanks!I own both a TrackIR 3 Pro with vector support and a TrackIR 4 Pro. The TrackIR 4 Pro a little bit better in the fact that it has a wider field of view. If you have the vector addon for the TrackIR 3 Pro, I really would not recommend the purchase of a TrackIR 4 Pro. There is really no increase in functionality or performance that warrants spending the extra money to go from a v3 Pro with vector support to a v4 Pro.

Guest Shalomar

I noticed a dramatic increase in functionality when I got the TrackClip Pro. The hat clipon thing worked just often enough for me to continue using it. But the TrackClip pro works great except I ocasionally have problems with looking at the overhead.Best Regsrds, Donald T. :-wave(__/).................................(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

...>The only thing I don't like about IRTrack is when looking down>in the cockpit, the picture will often just spin and dump full>down where you are looking at the seat. I have a button set to>F12 to reset the view when that happens. Still, it is>disconcerting. I have fiddled with the settings but have never>been able to stop this.>Most likely the problem is exacerbated by the placement of the IR pickup on top of your monitor. If you can bring the camera down a little bit the reflectors should remain in the usable range of the pickups.