Sign in to follow this  
A36 Apache

Which Scenery Enhancing Add-on?

I am about to buy a scenery enhancing addon. I'm very interested in REX and its incredible features, and am willing to wait until it comes out. However, I'm thrilled at the thought of UTX. If possible, I'd like to buy both. How do these compare? Which add-on will truly enhance my FS experience and isn't hard on frame rates? And which one(s) will be easy on the wallet--a true bang for the buck?Many thanks!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Do you happen to have GEX yet?If not, I would opt for GEX first, then UTX and then worry about the sky and water (FEX or REX). REX looks like its going to cost approximately $60 dollars when released.Of course these are my opinions others may offer a different order.

Thank you Tim. The Australian dollar and US dollar are not equal. I apologize for the misinformation.

UTX is a "must have". It let's you configure all the scenery options and includes information on how each affects performance.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+ | Athlon 64X2-6000+ | 4GB PC2-6400 RAM | Geforce 8800GTS-320MB | 500W PSU | 250GB HD | FSX(SP1-Acceleration) | UTX | Audigy SE sound | Vista Home Premium 32 bit | CH Yoke (modified) & Pedals | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Guest Mower

Agreed with getting GEX first, that is a FS staple, an absolute must for scenery enhancement...build upon that.

UTX is probably the biggest difference you could do. Realistic? Yes, and no. It does make a difference in the areas of different land classes, but it still isn't the same as photo-realism. That said I wouldn't be without it.If, you are used to a particular low level flight, the you may not recognize the terrain along the way. It can be that different.