Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Question on Eaglesoft Piper Comanche and FSUIPC.

I have recently installed FSUIPC and find it great in the way that it processes axes and switches on my CH yoke.Tonight I installed the Eaglesoft Piper Comanche and can confirm all the great credit given to it in another thread here recently. However, after installing the Comanche I noted that all of my axes (including the pan, the most noticeable) are very jerky and slow. Even the yoke jerks with movement instead of being smooth. I re-installed FSUIPC and deleted the .ini filer and started again to make sure that nothing got over-written, same problem. Disabling FSUIPC and going back to the FS yoke control seems normal, but of course FSUIPC is not doing anything now.I have not yet re-installed the Comanche, so can't say for sure that this is the issue (it's the only thing installed today into FSX), but thought I would start here in case there's something that I'm doing wrong (not wanting to needlessly use up one of my F1 re-installs).Thanks for any guidance with this.Bruce.

Hmm suggest posting in our FSX Twin Comanche support forum. This appears to be a conflict with your yoke axis settings and FSUIPC within FSX.It is certain that it is not caused by the Twin Comanche as I run the CH Yoke as well and have never seen this behaviour.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest j-mo

While I can't help you, thought I'd suggest you post this in the Eaglesoft forum as well. They are very responsive.Regards,

Thanks Ron and Alex,Yes, I will post over there later after work, and I might try poking around more first to get more specific data (such as un-installing the product and seeing if that makes a difference).Ron, do you have FSUIPC controlling your yoke axes?Thanks for the replies, Bruce.

Hi Bruce,I've got the Eaglesoft Comanche and was running FSUIPC through a CH Yoke and it was working fine. I'm running with PFC Cirrus II hardware now which also uses a module by Pete Dowson and no difficulties. Hope you find where your system is bottlenecking possibly something with A/V or F/W.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Thanks for all the replies. I can now say conclusively that the Piper Comanche is not a factor in the axis control issue that I posted about. Actually, having now flown it for an hour or two, I can say that it joins my best airctraft add-ons along with other larger a/c from Level-D and PMDG, it is excellent.The issue I posted about seems to incude FSUIPC as a factor (but probably not a cause), and may be related to a pending WinXP update, although I can't imagine why or how (in turn invoking waudt.exe as an additional process). Thanks, Bruce.

Glad you found a solution Bruce :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

BruceOne thing to check is to see that you do NOT have any duplicate entries in FSX and in FSUIPC4. FSX has a "nasty" habit of assigning the same axes to keyboard, mouse and any othe controllers on the system and if you then use FSUIPC to calibrate the axes, it and FSX gets confused. I guess that you have put all of the axes sensitivity full right and null zones full left?Just a thoughtPeter Hayes

Hi Bruce,If you use FSUIPC to calibrate your yoke did you disable joysticks in FSX? I went the whole hog and deleted all the axes assignments first. You can do it the quick way by editing FSX.CFG and removing all JOYSTICK and BUTTON assignment entries.FSUIPC gives you the option of assigning axes to the currently loaded aircraft. Did you try that?Calibration in FSUIPC is superior to FSX and is well worth persevering with. It took me a while to set my system up but the effort is worth it.Incidenatally I don't have the Commanche but the general principle above still applies.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,Thanks for your advice. I have everything disabled on the joystick in FSX other than the pan, since this is the one that really shows the slow and jerky movement (so do the a/c controls and everything connected to an "axis", but I can live with those). I agree that FSUIPC is worth persevering with, I can alraedy see a massive improvement with the calibration of the yoke (mainly the elevator) and the stability of the a/c.What I can't quite understand is the fact that this slow and jerky stuff comes and goes. I'm still rying to put a pattern to it after which I may have more ideas.Thanks again Ray,much appreciated.Bruce.

BruceA couple of things to check:Are you using the CH Control Manager?If Yes - "Direct" or "Mapped" Mode.Direct is best to use with either FSX and/or FSUIPC.If you are still using the POV on the yoke just make sure no other axis is assigned in FSX and the sensitivities/null zones are as above.Have you tried assigning the axes in FSX, calibrating in Windows, and finally fine tuning (re-calibrating) in FSUIPC4 (absolutely NO axis assignment in FSUIPC4). Does that stop the jerk? (PeteD will tell you that if you can assign it in FSX why bother assigning it in FSUIPC. Even without any axis assignment in FSUIPC you can still use the FSUIPC4 calibration - best of both worlds.Have you tried a different USB connection ie direct to mobo or via a powered USB 2.0 hub?Peter Hayes

Hi Bruce,I have everything disabled on the joystick in FSX other than the pan, since this is the one that really shows the slow and jerky movement (so do the a/c controls and everything connected to an "axis", but I can live with those).Ah so you haven't actually disabled the joystick. I think it's worth trying. I also had reservations about disabling it because of the pan control but you can reprogram everything including pan with FSUIPC.Have a read of this useful guide? It explains how to program everything via FSUIPC including the pan controls. http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=59729If this doesn't resolve things then it's time to look elsewhere but let's see if the FSUIPC route is the solution.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Peter and Ray,Thanks for your comments and replies.Peter- I'm not using the CH control manaager.The jerking does disappear when I revert all axes to the FSX joystick, or for any of the axes that I revert back to the FSX joystick (which is why I retained the POV axis, since it is the only one that I really notice). Actually, the jerking seems to appear and disappear when I use FSUIPC in some fashion that I still cannot relate to anything and find a pattern. Wierd!I never thought of just not using the axes in FSUIPC but still using the calibration and getting the "best of both worlds". I will also try using a different USB connection and see if that makes a difference.Ray- I have tried disabling the joystick, in fact that was when I first noticed this issue- also had just installed the Comanche too, but later found that the install was a coincidence.Thanks for the link to the CH users' guide too.I am still playing around with this but as time goes by I am less convinced that this is caused by FSUIPC snd perhaps related to something else, although for some reason the the jerky axes are only seen when using FSUIPC.Thanks again, Bruce.

Hi Bruce,Out of interest does this problem occur with a default aircraft or only with the Commanche?I don't think it's a FSUIPC problem because Pete would be inundated with posts by now. Nor do I think it's a USB port problem since it would happen without FSUIPC involvement.A test with a default aircraft will definitely help.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather