Sign in to follow this  
Guest sillyeagle

How is an FS9 MDL recompiled for FSX without the source...

Guest sillyeagle

I see the ACES Curtiss Jenny for FS9 was recompiled as an FSX aircraft, which makes it look stunning in FSX, but I didn't think that was possible without the source files. If the source code isn't needed is there a reason other FS9 originals have not been recompiled? http://simhangar.com/main/index.php?option...34〈=english

I'm away from my FS PC but I 'm almost certam Microsoft provided the GMax model of the Curtiss Jenny as an example in FS9. Others will tell me if I'm wrong.

I downloaded that but there is no readme file.Do you just copy the Jenny folder from FS9 and put it into FSX?Then unzip the new files into the Jenny's new folder?There are two new mdl files, exterior and interior, do I have to alias them into the new aircraft.cfg?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>I downloaded that but there is no readme file.>>Do you just copy the Jenny folder from FS9 and put it into>FSX?You can do that, but your Jenny would not be an FSX model.If you are trying to make it into an FSX model then you are going to have to export it using the FSX Gamepack. That's a little glossed over, there could be more to it than that. You would also probably have to assign it one or more FSX Materials within gmax, too.>>Then unzip the new files into the Jenny's new folder?>You'd make a new folder in your /SimObjects/Airplanes like you always do.>There are two new mdl files, exterior and interior, do I have>to alias them into the new aircraft.cfg?Those are aliased in the model.cfg I believe...Look at the default FSX 737 model.cfg for a template.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yeah but with the new package from that link above I believe they already did make an FSX model by recompiling the source file... At least that's what I thought I downloaded hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Oh I thought you meant you were going to try to convert the FS9 model yourself... my bad as they say...I hope that's what they did, if they upload it and tell everyone it's an FSX mdl (!) you'd hope it would really be that.. :)RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest sillyeagle

Ryan, you're correct, just copy the FS9 Jenny folder to FSX, then exatract or copy the new files overwriting the originals.