Sign in to follow this  
maxter

Looking for good VFR scenery with airfields

Hi all!Maybe too much to ask for, but this is what I am looking for:Some scenery (free og payware) that includes high res. mesh, shorelines, autogen etc. (the works) plus at least 8 airfields. Also I would love a not too flat area. Aerosoft Madeira would be perfect if it wasn't for that the fact that it includes only 2 airports So far Freight Dogs is the closest I can think of, but it's FS9 only ...Eagle...Location: NorwayRig:AMD Athlon 6000+ 3 GHz Dual2GB RamGeForce 8800 GT (1280x1024)VistaWeather (ASX/GEX) and Map (FSC) on separate computer (iMac Running XP).

It isn't anywhere near Norway, but you still might enjoy my Tucson scenery. It covers 5500 square miles at 2m and includes KTUS, KDMA, KRYN, KAVQ, 57AZ, E78, 14AZ, 6AZ8 & AZ67. The airport areas use 1m photo scenery over the 2m base. In addition to the airports, I'm planning landable helipads at the hospitals. UMC (University Medical Center) is finished.Autogen is bordering on excessive, with somewhere around 300,000 buildings in place and more to come. There are also custom models of some of the landmarks around the area.The Tucson scenery is a work in process, with updates coming out as things are completed. The first package is 1.2gb. Two updates have been issued since then.See http://www.kb-sim.com/ for more info.

Thanks for your answer :-)Looks interesting! However, right now I'm looking for something more of a bush-flying scenery.Btw, the "Location: Norway" is part of my sig. The scenery I am looking for could be anywhere ;-)Eagle>It isn't anywhere near Norway, but you still might enjoy my>Tucson scenery. It covers 5500 square miles at 2m and includes>KTUS, KDMA, KRYN, KAVQ, 57AZ, E78, 14AZ, 6AZ8 & AZ67. The>airport areas use 1m photo scenery over the 2m base. In>addition to the airports, I'm planning landable helipads at>the hospitals. UMC (University Medical Center) is finished.>>Autogen is bordering on excessive, with somewhere around>300,000 buildings in place and more to come. There are also>custom models of some of the landmarks around the area.>>The Tucson scenery is a work in process, with updates coming>out as things are completed. The first package is 1.2gb. Two>updates have been issued since then.>>See http://www.kb-sim.com/ for more info.

Guest jshyluk

Oh, man, the first thing that leaps to mind:Vancouver+ !Massive scenery, lots of airports, including many detailed smaller airports, certainly a lot of bush-flying mountainous detail if you go north. Check out the ski runs at Whistler/Blackcomb, or fly up to Pemberton for their giant music festival. It won an AVSIM Award Of Excellence! It also links up perfectly with Victoria+, which is freeware. Eventually, it also ought to link up with updated Tongass Fjords and Misty Fjords, which run along the rugged coast of British Columbia (those products are still being developed, at least the last I heard of it) . The only trick is finding a copy, as the links for buying Vancouver+ seemed to be out of whack when I looked recently. (I checked again, it all seems fine, but it is pricey) . Still, you could start with Victoria+ which is free here on AVSIM.http://www.avsim.com/pages/1207/VanPlus/VanPlus.htmJeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest jshyluk

As far as I know, Sim Market is the sole vendor for Vancouver+ right now, so that's the way to go. You can always e-mail Fran

Guest gumby

Hi, have you tried FTX for Australian scenery at www.fullterrain.com? It is great for VFR and bush flying to small airfields. They have a demo of Tasmania (16,000 square km), a 76 metre mesh for Australia and a link to Aussiex (www.aussiex.org) which has over 169 free airfields (with more on the way). The aussiex fields are great, but you need to navigate to find them as they don't appear in the airport list in FSX - you get a heading and distance from existing airports. FTX also have other free and payware airports and aircraft repaints that can be downloaded as well. If you like the scenery in the demo, they have 3/4 of Australia completed so far which gives you a large area to fly around in.PeterBrisbane, Australia

The free demo of Tasmania by FTX and the freeware airfields by OzX are probably the state of the art of flight simming scenery at the moment.Go here...http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html for Tasmania and a whole bunch of free airfieldsandhttp://www.aussiex.org/index/news.php for the many many freeware airfields...Cheers,Chris Porter:-outta