Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Eaglesoft Comanche Problem

Guest SuperFortress

With all the talk goin on about the Comanche from Eaglesoft, I went over my friend's place to check it out. He's currently evaluating it himself. So far it looks like a fantastic add on however I ran into 1 specific problem while messing around with it. Any time I click on the EDM760 guage from the VC, FSX immediately starts loading something and then several seconds later crashes. The aircraft is installed on a Vista x64 system with Acceleration and SP2. The following error appears:Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61637.0, time stamp 0x46fadb14, faulting module ESDG_EDM760.GAU, version 1.0.0.4, time stamp 0x470523b9, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00004a1c, process id 0xd80, application start time 0x01c94475105e0d59.I would definitely love to purchase this aircraft however this particular issue is holding me back. Anyone have any ideas as to how this can be fixed? Thank you.

Hard to tell from your description since we do not know your friends setup...Suggest a detailed posting in our FSX Twin Comanche forum where we can pursue this further.The only similar issue there is a guy who was OC with his video card. He backed off a bit and the issue went away.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest SuperFortress

>Hard to tell from your description since we do not know your>friends setup...>>Suggest a detailed posting in our FSX Twin Comanche forum>where we can pursue this further.>>The only similar issue there is a guy who was OC with his>video card. He backed off a bit and the issue went away.>>Can you please provide me with a link to this forum? I am unable to locate it. Thank you.

Guest SuperFortress

>Sure: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/>>Thank you for the link but I do not see a forum specifically for the Comanche. As a matter of fact I do not see anything regarding the Comanche. Do I need to register in order to have more access? Thank you.

When you register, a bunch of other forums will appear for you, and one of them will be FSX Piper Twin Comanche forum.I might add that I own the Twin Comanch and I do not have the error that you describe, and I also run Vista64. I think there is something else with your friends config that is causing the crash. Intuition tells me video card driver but it could be any number of things.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest SuperFortress

>When you register, a bunch of other forums will appear for>you, and one of them will be FSX Piper Twin Comanche forum.>>I might add that I own the Twin Comanch and I do not have the>error that you describe, and I also run Vista64. I think>there is something else with your friends config that is>causing the crash. >>Intuition tells me video card driver but it could be any>number of things.>>Rhett>>FS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3>Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600>Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm>Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate>64>ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GTThank you for the info. His system is almost identical to mine except that his motherboard is the DDR3 version of mine and he's using DDR3 memory. He's also using the same video card with the latest Nvidia driver which I believe is 178.24. Thank you.

>>Thank you for the info. His system is almost identical to mine>except that his motherboard is the DDR3 version of mine and>he's using DDR3 memory. He's also using the same video card>with the latest Nvidia driver which I believe is 178.24. Thank>you.Ok then that's very close to that hardware I run; E8500, 4 gigs of DDR3 mem, and I have an 8800GTX. I use an older nVidia driver, version 169.something.I'd bet that if you installed the Twin Co on your machine it would work 100%. Have your friend post over at Eaglesoft and they can get to the bottom of the cause.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB