Sign in to follow this  
Daveo

A Good Elapsed Timer for FSX!!!!

In FS9 I have added the Dreamfleet gauge, to all of my aircraft as an elapsed timer, ("DF182_Timer_C"). It has a number of other good features as well. Unfortunately it is of the older generation that will not work in FSX.I have posted here as well as other forums several times a request if anyone knew of a similar gauge for FSX with no positive replies.I have used the FSMSFSX timer thus far. The drawback is that it changes with each time zone which is a little bit of a nusience.Well over a year ago, I downloaded an alternate Lear Panel, "learpan1.zip", which is in the library of this site. Thanks to the fact that I virtually never fly default MSFS birds I overlooked the following: It includes an elapsed timer, "Super Timer2.cab", which IMHO is a dandy. It gives you Zulu time and two real time elapsed timers. It appears as a LCD display which to these old eyes is slightly small and not too easy to read, but if added as a secondary window for your panels where it can be unlocked, resized and located to any desired location it has more than fulfilled my request.This timer is in other third party aircraft as well and may also be available as a separate download somewhere, I just have not located it. I highly recommend it if anyone desires a real time elapsed timer for FSX.Happy flying:RTH

I use a digital style elapsed timer made for the Level-D for FS9 which works fine in FSX which I grabbed from the Level-D forum site. I also added it to all my other AC that don't use a cessna type rpm gauge with a working elapsed time counter in it.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png