Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

Help With Weird Crash/Hang

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

I have been getting a weird Crash/Hang recently with FSX. I am going along and the i hear a Loud KKKSSSHHKK (static burst) Sound goes away and a split second later FSX hangs. the only way out is to hit RESET button on PC.Anybody seen this before? any Ideas

Guest UlfB

Hi,To answer your first question: No, I haven't.Regarding the second question: Many.Some questions that give us more to go on.Do you use onboard sound or a custom sound card? Drivers updated?Any information available on EVGA support forum? BIOS updated?Any problems with other games than FSX?Any hangs if you avoid using add on aircraft and background programs like ASX and such?Do you still get hangs if you ease up your overclocking (memory timings and such)?More info on what youv'e investigated so far would help us all to narrow down and hopefully identify the cause.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

I had this issue with a Soundblaster Audigy soundcard, eventually made FSX unplayable for me. I tried everything, updating drivers, changing the PCI slot the card was in on the motherboard, to no avail.I dumped the Audigy and bought an Asus Xonar soundcard and never looked back, never had a single sound problem since.

Guest jshyluk

I would initially guess sound card as well, but really it could be a number of things. You can try the basics:Make sure all of your drivers are up-to dateMake sure your hard drive is in good shape (not full, defragmented)Unplug all of you USB's and plug them back into the same slotsPerform a DXDiag analysis (save the results and post them here)Clear your system of viruses, spyware, etc.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Thanks everyone,It wound up being the SB Xfi card. Almost 100 bux for the card and it aint worth two rolls of rat poo. I put a GENERIC (dynex with VIA chip) back in and NO crashes. Anyone wanna buy a xfi card? Barely used. !

Guest UlfB

>>Anyone wanna buy a xfi card? Barely used. !>No thanks. I've already got one and it's working perfectly well. Did you run it on old drivers or is the nVIDIA chipset playing dirty tricks?Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32