Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Cessna 421C Golden Eagle in FSX??

Guest rafvr

Has anyone installed the Golden Eagle in FSX and if so can they tell me how to get the GPS to work. Aircraft copies over and flies OK (for me anyway)but the GPS remains a blank screen. Also is it possible touse the Text-o-Matic in FSX `cos when I tried with this aircraft it wants to put the new Texture into FS2002Many thanksGeorge

Hello George:You are testing an old memory. The GPS500 works fine in the Cessna Golden Eagle for FSX. My problem is that I don't remember whether this was the original GPS for this bird, or it had its own unique application and I replaced it with the MSFS default. If it was the GPS 500, I have no problem with it. A Grand old bird IMHO, including in FSX.Good luck:RTH

Guest rafvr

>Hello George:>>You are testing an old memory. The GPS500 works fine in the>Cessna Golden Eagle for FSX. My problem is that I don't>remember whether this was the original GPS for this bird, or>it had its own unique application and I replaced it with the>MSFS default. If it was the GPS 500, I have no problem with>it. A Grand old bird IMHO, including in FSX.>>Good luck:>RTHHi RTH - sorry about the delay in answering your comments but I`ve been offline for a few days.Intersted you were able to get the Eagle`s GPS working OK - I didn`t realise that the default could be loaded into a third party aircraft. Is it possible you could let me in to "How"?? I would be gratefulRegardsGeorge

Good evening George:First of all, before you do anything, backup your aircraft. I typically just copy the aircraft folder to my desktop. Then if things start to smell bad, you can get back to go again.When I edit a panel, I also usually copy the panel to my desktop, rename it "panel.orignal default" and move it back into my aircraft folder for future keeping in the event that I ever need it again. That file for the bird in question I will reference as follows:AFTER backing up your applicable files, open your panel.cfg in word, or notepad where you can edit it. If I remember correctly and my backup is the original, you probably should have the following for window 02:(Window02)size_mm=500,368window_size_ratio=1.00 position=8visible=0ident=GPS_PANEL gauge00=C421NJ3!GAR, 0, 0, 500, 368Please note that the parenthesis around "Window 02" should be edited to be brackets. The format for this forum will not accept brackets, so that is the reason I edited them to parenthesis only so that text would display.Replace this window with the following:(Window02)Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=456,378position=8visible=0ident=GPS_PANELwindow_size= 0.500, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0The same goes for the parenthesis here. Replace them with brackets.This addition to virtually just about any panel should give you the default GPS 500.Good luck and let me know how it comes out for you.Respectfully:RTH

Guest rafvr

Many thanks RT - it worked perfectly and now I have a Golden Eagleflying in FSXKind RegardsGeorge