Sign in to follow this  
harrydarton

Lost Thumbnails

Hi everybody,Im having a little problem with FSX and viewing thumbnails.I open FSX and select "Free Flight". Click on "Change Aircraft" and allthe planes appear,including those I have added,1)Beechcraft 1900d.ERA2)Cessna Canival. 3)Deer Valley DC3.4)NA Navion. 5)Piper Cherokee. and 6)Waco UPF.Selecting any MSFX plane is OK, and a rotating thumbnail appears, and it also appears when the "Detail" button is pressed.But,since I moved a partition on the drive which has FSX (J),the thumbnails for 2 of the extra planes dont appear irrespective which button is pressed (Detail or OK).Selecting "Location- Weather-Time & Seasonis" ok and the selected plane(MSFX or added)and the flight loads up OK when the "Fly Now" buton is pressed.I have un-installed the Beechcraft and the Piper,( the problem), cleaned the registry and re installed but the problem still exists.Can anyone please offer me a solution and/or a reason for this Regards to all HD

Guest Gary Buska

Fsx is a little different from FS2004(fs9) if you look at any of the default aircraft and look at the texture folders you will see a file called thumbnail.jpg this is what you need to have for every texture in you aircraft's folder or there will be no image for that livery.Gary Buska

You can also use the picture you like as a thumbnail as long as it is in jpg format, it can be any size. Just name the picture you like to use as a thumbnail.jpg and place it to the texture folder of the aircraft of you choice. I have numerous real life photos of the aircrafts as thumbnails.

Hi, Gary and Kiki,Thanks for your replies,Ive checked the Texture files for both aircraft and a thumbnail in JPG form is present in each Texture file. Each can be opened without any problem and shows the aircraft as it used to be. Any further suggestions would be most welcomeRagards HD

In the display settings do you have a checkmark next to Light Bloom? One of my payware aircraft would not show up when selected and it was Light Bloom that was causing the problem. I unchecked it and I had my thumbnail back. Also do you have a checkmark next to "Show All variations on the Free Flight screen?

Hi Aviator 327Thanks for your reply,Ive been on my jollies the last few days, so have just got round to firing up my PC and reading thro all the accumaleted Emails.On reading your reply, I was very sceptical, but thinking back I do recall clicking Light Bloom.I did this after reading an artical in eithePC Pilot or Computor Pilot. However to the nitty gritty.Unclicking Light Bloom, solved the problem, and my rotating thumbnails on both planes are backThank you once again regards HD