Sign in to follow this  
A36 Apache

Best AI real-world airline traffic add-on?

Guest pjb3589

Hello all,First off, I've been flight simming since FS2002, but I've never really looked at add-ons besides aircraft and panels. Lately in FSX I've been flying Project OpenSky's Continental Express Embraer 145, which looks really out of place with the fictional airlines that the AI pilots fly. I'm looking for an add-on (either freeware or payware) that adds the real-world airlines so the AI pilots fly those instead of the fictional ones, and also has them flying the real airline routes. I know there's a few out there like Traffic X, but I don't know what's good or bad, so I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good one.Thanks

Guest JimC1702

No offence, but this question gets asked about once a week. If you search the forum for "traffic" you'll find opinions galore.Having said that, I use World-of-AI. It's hard to beat the quality of the planes, the flight plans, and best of all, it's FREE. http://www.world-of-ai.comI was really looking forward to Traffic X but it seems to have some issues. Now I'm waiting to see how the new Ultimate Traffic looks.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Another way to go is to install repaints of default airliners. That at least makes airports look more real. And if you do it properly, ATC will call realworld callsigns.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I'll toss this option out also...because your topic title said "real-world" traffic addon.You can buy a "subscrition service" for an addon called "FS Live Traffic". Cost is about $50 for 6-months, so it depends on how "real" you want to get. FS Live Traffic will install the AI traffic that would come with the purchase of My Traffic X (you don't need to own My Traffic X for it to work). You would then run FS Live Traffic before starting FSX. It goes to a "real time" server and will install a temporary set of AI flight schedules into FSX that duplicate the current real-world flightplans of the airlines. When you then start FSX, your AI will be a replication of what is happening in the "real world" at the present time. Doesn't get much more "real" than that.One thing to be aware of with this service! The real-world flights are for flight plans in North America only. You will see any flight in it's entirety from someplace like New York to Los Angeles. You will also see SOME flights that originate outside of North America (like from Europe to say New York), but not necessarily ALL of them. Same works in reverse...not all flights leaving from say New York to London will show up. This is just a limitation of their database information on their servers. FS Live Traffic will NOT work at all to show you "live traffic" for a flight completely outside North America...like if you were flying solely in Europe or Asia. You would never see any "real world" flights from say London to Paris.If you fly in the US, it's a great program. If not, you won't want to use it. FalconAF

Rick Ryan

If you have a look at the "Environment and AI" page on the MSFS Gateway you'll find links to the web site of the various commercial and freeware AI traffic options.I use My Traffic XTonywww.msfsgateway.com

Guest pjb3589

Thanks for the replies guys. By real world traffic I meant that I wanted the real airlines with ideally the routes that they fly. I'm going to check out World of AI since its free which is always a plus and looks to be pretty much what I wanted (although I can't tell from their site if they just have the airline aircraft repaints and the airline routes or just the repaints themselves). Thanks again

Guest JimC1702

World-of-AI uses real-world flight plans.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

World of AI is the way to go for me. The WOAI installer installs only the airlines you download (I got them all but you don't have to) and flight plans for the airfields they use. For most people it's more then enough, but for some that fly out of remote areas maybe not. I suggest you get HTAI Cessnas also, but it's not free ($15 when I bought it last week) that will also populate GA. WOAI also has some GA business jets and military AI as well. You don't have to, but I removed the 'fake' airliners from my FSX and only use WOAI. Your frame rates will improve. Smooth air!