Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Eaglesoft Citation II for FSX

I just purchased the Citation II and the pop up for the GPS and the Cabin pressure don't seem to work. I checked the Eaglesoft forum and there are no posts that address this issue. If you have this aircraft, do you have this problem? The instrument cluster pop up works fine, so I don't think it is a driver issue. I have a GTS 8800 512M card.Any help will be appreciated.Thanks

Did you ask for assistance in the Eaglesoft forums?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Bob,I haven't experienced any problems with the popups. They all work ok.I too would recommend that you get help from the Eaglesoft bunch on their forum. They are really helpful over there. Good support.Jim

They both work fine here on Vista. Did you go through the allowed modules to run on install and miss allowing some? Possibly reinstalling would do it.

Thanks for your help. I'm on Vista also. The work just fine in the 2D panels, just not in the VC. I can tell they are active because the mouse pointer changes, but they just don't pop up when clicked. I'll try the reinstall and see if that works.I'm just glad to hear they work and that it is just a problem I'm having.

I have the Citation II and use the VC exclusively. In order to get the popup panels I use the apprpriate keystrokes ie SHIFT 2 for GPS and SHIFT 7 for the pressure panel. I didn't even know that there were clickspots for them. So you could always try the keystroke method if all else fails.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I have the Citation II and window XP and have never been able to get the 2d GPS to pop-up by clicking the gps in the VC panel. Everything else seems to pop-up. I meant to ask about it on the Eaglesoft forum but never got around to it. After I installed ASX it messed with some of the shift "number" links in the CII, so I assumed that ASX was the culprit, but never pursued it.EDIT: I was mistaken. I just checked the Eaglesoft forum and I did ask the question back in May. This was their response:"The GPS installed is used in many other of our aircraft. The "GPS pop-up" mouse point is used in the others. I didn't provide one for this a/c"So being that the others who responded to this post are not having this problem, it must be our systems. Maybe a conflict with my ASX installation, maybe something else.Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

When I replied that I wasn't having any problem, I didn't know that the op was referring to vc. When I'm in vc mode they won't pop up either which is why I use the shift keys.Jim

Thanks for all your help. Since the popup isn't programmed in the VC of this product, I used FSUIPC to program a button on my yoke to activate the popup.I was just puzzled because, if you ran the mouse over the GPS, the pointer changed to a hand which usually indicates a hot spot for a popup. Obviously, that isn't the case with the Citation.

>Thanks for all your help. Since the popup isn't programmed>in the VC of this product, I used FSUIPC to program a button>on my yoke to activate the popup.>>I was just puzzled because, if you ran the mouse over the GPS,>the pointer changed to a hand which usually indicates a hot>spot for a popup. Obviously, that isn't the case with the>Citation.The "internal popup command" used in the GPS530 calls for ident=225 which is the default number used by FS9/FSX for the GPS Popup, which makes it a universal "drop-in replacement" for the default G500 which comes with FS9/FSX.However, the existing simicon gauge used in the CII calls for ident=30. Since the updated gauges needed to work with existing v1.0 customers, I couldn't make changes to the internal ident # without adversely affecting existing installations. :)In any case, I'm glad you found a solution via FSUIPC, truly the "Swiss Army Knife" of all FS tools!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm sorry Bob, I thought you were clicking on the SIMICONS POPUP and that wasn't working but works ok here...my misunderstanding ;-)

Thanks for the explanation, Bill. I now understand why you were not able to program the pop-up. The FSUIPC solution works fine for me.Great plane, by the way. Haven't had much of a chance to fly it yet, but have really enjoyed the couple of flights I have taken.Nice to have a Biz Jet on par with your GA aircraft. The best out there in my opinion.Thanks.

Guest davidvoogd

Does it have reflective window glass in the VC?

Nope, sorry...we've elected to stay away from that feature in our aircraft as most users say it's fine for about three flights then becomes and annoyance:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest davidvoogd

Personally I like the reflections as they prevent "empty hole window" feeling. Each to their own of course.