Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

FS11 Wish List

Guest ThrottleUp

My humble wishlist :)(1.)I agree with the comment on creating a brand new engine. To me FSX feels like FS2004 Special Edition. I do hope Aces goes to town on this aspect to take advantage of the fantastic new tech out there like Core i7, the upcoming 45nm AMDs etc.(2.)I dearly hope they loose the leopard-print ground textures! (3.)Worldwide hi-res mesh straight out of the box so we dont have to go running around looking for a 3rd-party solution. X-Plane does it.(4.)A *fullscreen* map when you are on the flight-planning & weather screens instead of the current microscopic one! Also (taking a leaf from combat sims) it would be nice to click on the map and create your own waypoints. (5.)Improved lighting - please lose the horrid "glowing-beachball" nav lights for example! And lets have the ground being lit up by flashing strobes. Those of you who have noticed its neat effect as a pax in a taxying airliner at night know what I mean. Hee hee.(6.) Grass by the runway blown back by jet thrust/propwash. Woot!

(4.)A *fullscreen* map when you are on the flight-planning & weather screens instead of the current microscopic one! Also (taking a leaf from combat sims) it would be nice to click on the map and create your own waypoints.I had a discussion with Phil Taylor about the small map some time ago and he promised this would be looked at in the next version.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

> (5.)Improved lighting - please lose the horrid "glowing-beachball" nav lights for example! And lets have the ground being lit up by flashing strobes. Those of you who have noticed its neat effect as a pax in a taxying airliner at night know what I mean. Hee hee.I, too, would like this to be improved. It would be spectacular. In fact, I think every light on the plane should light up the ground AND the clouds at night.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

I'm sure I've responded to a couple of these FS11 Wish lists, but why not again?1. Accurate as possible flight dynamics. Many comments here relate to the scenery, ATC or whatever. But ultimately this is a *flight* simulator. First and foremost, all aspects of flight modeling should be there. Things like asymmetric thrust, drag and lift, spins, turbulence, rudder response (slips, adverse yaw), etc. Faster processors certainly improve the scenery, but they can also handle more complex flight equations.2. Airport accuracy. Sloped and curved runways. Mesh and landclass transitions, especially with addon scenery. I'm thinking the mesh problem could be solved by simply having higher resolution mesh (10m or 5m) around airports and allow the runways and taxiways to conform to the mesh (with tension to avoid sharp points). For unknown airports it could still all be flat.3. Accurate pole scenery. Does this require a new graphics engine?4. Better frame rates. Obviously, there must always be an attempt to increase fps.5. Basic ATC with intelligent AI. I don't want MS to model everything about ATC because it would be at the expense of something more important. However, ATC could definitely be tightened up.BTW, a suggestion I made years ago did bring a change in MSFS. Around FS4 MS used to recommend in the manual that the elevator springs in your joystick be removed so the elevator could be "trimmed" to the proper position. I wrote a letter and told them it was not accurate to take out the springs because RW aircraft always have pressure on the controls. Instead, I recommended that the trim should alter the flight dynamics at the spring-loaded center point of the joystick, so there would always be pressure away from the center. I got a phone call from one of the programmers who discussed the idea with me. All versions of MSFS since then have worked as I suggested. I'm sure others made the same suggestion, but it shows that our suggestions are taken into consideration by the programming team.Ben

Guest JoeInCT

Here's two more:Flashing stobes in the clouds - but make it realistic based on the size of the aircraft. I doubt you'd see the flashing in a 737 but we certainly would in a Cessna.The ability to hide the yoke with a mouse click. Some payware aircraft do this. Many of us use flight yokes, so we don't need one rendered in the sim.

Guest ThrottleUp

Oh yea strobes lighting up the clouds that is a wonderful effect. On a recent holiday to Asia (A340-300) we entered overcast on the descent (it was 2330hrs local) and the strobes were on and they looked awesome.Airbus double-flash WHAP-WHAP....WHAP-WHAP....WHAP-WHAP....WHAP-WHAP !!!!!And then they got turned off! The Capn' must have found them distracting. They came back on when we broke out though. I had two thoughts as my nose was pressed to the window between my cupped hands (why must they leave those dim cabin lights on?!) 1. That looked SCHWEEET! :(2. We need that in FS11 & beyond!

Yeah sorry Jim, but these threads do get a bit long sometimes. :( I haven't been following the wish lists very closely because they make for a pretty tedious read sometimes, but it occurred to me while flying this evening that I do have a pet peeve which I wish would be fixed in the next version. Throughout my experience with the last few versions of FS I've noticed that the VC flight deck is way too bright compared to the view out the window. It stands to reason that during the day it should be considerably darker, and that the lack of a differtial detracts from the realism of some otherwise pretty good looking VCs.Maybe this issue will be addressed when more of the DX10 features are fully implemented, and to tell you the truth the default 747 flight deck in FSX is pretty dark compared to the view outside. It may be difficult getting this sort of tonal variability out of an old CRT, but surely today's LCDs are up to the task.A good VC painter has to be an artist! I suggest that the history of painting should not be overlooked by those who undertake this formidable task.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

(1.)I agree with the comment on creating a brand new engine. To me FSX feels like FS2004 Special Edition. I do hope Aces goes to town on this aspect to take advantage of the fantastic new tech out there like Core i7, the upcoming 45nm AMDs etc.
I would love to see MUCH BETTER multi-core support but something tells me it will take a complete rewrite of the FS engine.I'm not holding my breath. I believe that would be a VERY expensive bit of work.Ken

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Hi All,Here is the list stats that I posted in October 2007. There are some new suggestions above that someone could add to this list to get an overall count.Votes Item23 Better ATC overall (especially for IFR)18 Improved snow and rain effects and animation (eg windshield) impact on aircraft17 Cloud shadows consistent with cover15 Solid overcasts14 Uneven/Sloping runways13 Better more accurate land class and mesh11 Better aerodynamic flight simulation esp jets/turbos/helies11 Better quality autogen and sizing and positioning11 Other light sources that effect the environment10 Extreme weather simulation and aerodynamic effect10 "Windlight" type atmospherics/blue/red haze9 Improve AI dynamics, efficiency and allow behaviour control8 Switch from default textures to live feed (eg virtual earth)/Tileproxy approach7 SID and STAR procedures7 Grass, brush and better ground and taxiway textures7 Better VC dial and switch coverage equal to at least 2D7 Better use of multiple cores and SLI7 Better flight planner (scrolling/zooming) and functionality6 Human pilots and people at airports6 Smooth weather (wind) transitions6 3D Wave height and function of wind/wake surge/shoreline wave improve6 Visual icing on aircraft and aerodynamic effects6 No popping autogen (alpha fade)6 Drivable realistic roads for land vehicles5 Better fog and haze effects (esp Cat II and III ops)5 True 3D clouds/godrays5 Adjustible wear and tear on aircraft5 No more blurries4 Wind affected trees and veggies4 Better night lighting4 Better larger nav map-opened during sim4 Ability to select starting point on airfield map or any where in world/approach4 Bump mapping of runway ice/water puddles4 Jetwash and jet heat haze and effects on surroundings4 Haze and clouds with no sharp boundaries (hillsides)4 Virtual co-pilot to handle ATC4 Phototextures around airports and elswhere3 Better smog and smoke3 Interaction with Train simulator and AI trains3 Navaid/magnetic data update3 Removeable yoke3 More realistic runways (ragged edges/cracks)3 Less friction on first move to taxi/friction control3 Failure sim should have probability% and time2 Small bush flying airports2 Fix existing deficiences in FSX2 Better QA overall2 More sound at airports2 fix lens flare sun below horizon2 Far away tower select corruption1 Conditional airport search1 Consistent lighting depending on weather1 More missions and aircraft1 Aviation carrier management1 2D widescreen panel support1 Jagged mountains1 More helicopter types1 Better lense intense runway lighting versus distance1 Better contrast on ground1 Game control wizards1 Graphic control wizards1 Interface for editing terrain objects/placement (eg the SIMS)1 Random mission generator1 Click to enlarge panel display1 Better mesh and scenery outside of US1 Cockpit window fogging1 Variable speed of traffic polylines (SDK)1 Weather generator1 Real emergencies simulated1 VATSIM/IVAO integration1 Easy mission scripts1 Easier camera setup instead of cfg1 Easy customizing of airport textures1 Ability to move selected group of sceneries1 Better menus for saving flights1 Crash detection expansion1 Walk to and into a plane- via active camera1 Alternative to XML scenery1 Integrate AI and player in Multiplayer1 Outer space simulation1 Better force feedback1 Virtual reality goggles 3D etc1 Improve jet spool-up1 PAPI/VASI and ILS G/S descrepancy1 Voice recognition1 Road and AI 3D lights1 ATC and AI access to 3rd parties1 Long term parked aircraft1 Better pushback1 Airline flight numbers1 Better time sync1 fixing fsx issues1 Streaming buildings, road traffic, cload cover,air traffic1 Interactive aircraft color select1 Pilot control runway lighting1 Comms to have volume controls1 sport pilot ratings1 Multiple careers1 Better underwater effect near shore1 Adjustable panel lights1 FSX Logbooks into FS11

As mentioned in this thread a few weeks ago:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...7457&page=4You can get more realitic autogen size, more realistic field of perspective depending on the aircraft, and sharper textures if you reduce the default fs zoom of 1.0 to something less.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/
Just so that the record is clear and so that no one searching for "realistic autogen size" or whatever is misled, I think it's important to point out that changing the zoom does not accomplish what it is I mentioned. What is needed, the item that's on my wish list, is for the RELATIVE size of the autogen trees to change, and to change to a more realistic size. It's about scale. Zoom may change the apparent size of the trees on your monitor, that is true, but it changes the size of ALL scenery by that same amount. So a 200 ft. tree would still be a 200 ft. tree, and the faulty speed, distance and height cues it feeds into would still be present, no matter what the zoom. What I am talking about is more fundamental and cannot be cured by zoom. I am simply suggesting that everything be put at the same scale -- aircraft, houses, buildings, trees, boats, automobiles, etc.... Because right now, as surprising as it is, they are not.

Guest aafuss

Logboook/pilots records access while in-sim, rather than having to go to FS main menu

Guest AkeldamaUK

I'd like to see the whole topology of the earth added, rather than just that above sea level. At the moment when land meets the sea it's really just more land, with waterclass instead of landclass.Instead I'd like to see what we're used to in modern games these days - games such as Crysis or Far Cry 2, where the land extends under the water. The water is independent of the land.I'm not suggesting we turn FS11 into a world sim. But I think taking away water from a landclass/texture issue and making it a more fluid thing would be good for the sim as a whole. Perhaps even bringing in the posibility of tidal behaviour.---Secondly and related to mentioning other games. A lot of folks say redesigning the sim from the ground up is too huge a task. But this is what happens constantly with games development. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting Aces models the whole world in Crysis quality visuals. What I am suggesting though is we should expect more. After all you don't expect to give

Just for better frame rates, i hope they limit the AI to the airport where i am when on the ground. And only when airborne this AI bulb expands. So i can have my AI slider at max without frame rate loss.Regards,Gerrit

Guest byoungblood
I'd like to see the whole topology of the earth added, rather than just that above sea level. At the moment when land meets the sea it's really just more land, with waterclass instead of landclass.Instead I'd like to see what we're used to in modern games these days - games such as Crysis or Far Cry 2, where the land extends under the water. The water is independent of the land.I'm not suggesting we turn FS11 into a world sim. But I think taking away water from a landclass/texture issue and making it a more fluid thing would be good for the sim as a whole. Perhaps even bringing in the posibility of tidal behaviour.
Why? Unless you're flying over the Caribbean or other tropical waters, you can't see anything below the surface of the water while airborne. It might be cool to have tidal effects, but not at the expense of frame rates. As far as the ground detail is concerned, let's remember that this is a FLIGHT simulator. I can tell you from my RW flying experience that once you get up to about 1500' agl, a tree looks like a tree and a rock looks like a rock. I'd appreciate some work on the building and cloud textures, but as long as everything else doesn't look cartoonish and is scaled properly, detail down to the leaf on a tree would just be a drag on the sim.