Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

FS11 Wish List

Guest JoeInCT

Hope everyone doesn't mind a revisit of this topic. Just think we should periodically let it be known what we are hoping to see in FS11 in hopes we will see it incorporated into the next version of Flight Simulator.Here's mine:1) Pilot controlled lighting at night.2) Weather radar on default airplanes.3) Voice recognition for ATC. Pressing 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. is lame. It would be cool to "talk" to ATC, just like the real thing.4) Terminal procedures available IN FLIGHT from the internet so they are always up to date. Tired of pulling out my paper ones or app switching to IE. Should be available right in the sim.5) Satellite terrain also from the internet. It be nice to fly over my own town rather than an approximation of it. Worried however that this will require a monthly or yearly fee.6) Better default aircraft. The "out of the box" aircraft need to be reworked. Please don't port them over from FSX as is. If I were to grade the default aircraft in terms of flight fidelity, quality of the cockpit (textures etc), and overall completeness, I'd give them a "C". They need more work.7) Better pop-up box scaling out of the box. Don't forget some of us use TripleHead2Go with a wide resolution setting (3840x1024). Pop up boxes assume normal horizontal resolution (4x3 or 16x9). This is annoying. Oh. And we shouldn't have to mess with the halo.bmp either. Don't make assumptions on the aspect ratio that we may be using.8) Better wind and weather transitions. The instantaneous wind shift thing is annoying to say the least. 9) Icing.10) Faster (better code) for the digital cockpits such as the Garmin panel. It is my understanding that the internal coding FS uses to render these digital panels is lousy and slow.11) Rain drops on the windshield.12) More realistic clouds and fog. When vis is reported at 3/4 mile w a 100' ceiling, it would be nice to NOT see the runway until the aircraft is at 100' and 3/4 mile. The cloud and fog rendering is highly inconsistent on the way in to an IMC airport.I am sure I will think of more later.--Joe

the things i would like to see are: (and it is a a very small list)1. cloud shadows2. i want it to work on the computer i have now. if a Q9550 OC to 3.4 Ghz is not enough to run it then don't make it.3. make the ATC system better then the current one.i am one that actually prefers purchasing the add-ons to make FS look better because i can buy the one's that i want to make what i want better. if MSFS puts their efforts into making everything look like the add-ons make it, it would take 5 years and cost $250.

I'll post again...Work on the ATC...a lot...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest byoungblood

1. Better ATC. Traffic calls, vectors (appropriate for aircraft being flown and compensate for winds aloft), and proper separation in the pattern and on final.2. Better panels, particularly the gauges. MS has been recycling the gauges from at least FS2000. They just look horrible on larger monitors and lack any kind of precision. Make the G1000 and other glass cockpits easier to use with the mouse. Also, if they're going to include the GNS 500 or 430/530 in future aircraft, put the thing in the panel instead of bringing it up as a separate window just to look at the moving map. 3. Winds aloft and the affect of wind on ground track. I've had to crank in a 10 degree correction for a 5 knot wind, 20 degrees off the nose. Not very realistic!4. Allow ALSF-2 to operate in SSALR configuration when the weather is good. Get rid of hovering runway lighting and put them on the proper supports. 5. More variation in the default buildings and please, please scale them properly!!

Guest aafuss

Some other Airbus jetsAbility to open maintenance doors on aircraftCabin included as part of VC view modeImprovements to ATC (declare an emergency)Mobile version (x-plane already has a smaller edition for iphone, why can't MS do the same as well?)Sloped runway supportMore coprate type default aircraft

More complex ATC Routing - SIDs STARs etcMore realistic weather environment/modelling/icing/turb in clouds/rain wash on runways/snow drift on runwaysMore detailed systems modelling ala A2A/Accusim functionality as defaultBetter/smarter ground texture placement in combination with vector roads/railways etc.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outta

Well I have to totally agree with you on number 2.It just amazes me that the outside views of aircrafts (and how many pilots look at the outside of their aircraft on a flight) are accurate down to the rivets, oil stains,subtle lighting, etc. but the cockpits which we spend the majority of our time at are as you mention way behind-both in looks, precision, accuracy, update speed etc. Time to do address where the pilot spends the majority of time!Let's get some glass reflections, correct response, and rw looks on the instruments and bring the inside up to the same quality as the outside! How about a stormscope (not one yet in the fs world) and xm weather-something that I consider a no go now without it.Atc-very complex. I'd like to see change of clearance on the callup (e.g. you file direct-then get a full route clearance instead when you call up), change of route clearance in the air (nothing more scary than that), crabby impatient controllers who spew rapid clearances and then every 5 minutes change it(called New York center), changes of altitude and route due to hot Moa's, restricted airpace, and traffic. End of the zig zag vectors, and when flying practice approaches not being handed off to a center when you are working with an approach controller. Tfr's which are the fear of every pilot, that are tapped into the real time ones like rw downloads.Then better icing effects-what I spend 6 months of my time worrying about. Let's see it on the window, wings, props, and see the effects of dealing with it or not.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

AI flights that follow real-world routes using high altitude jetways, etc, instead of everything IFR going "GPS Direct".

Rick Ryan

>It just amazes me that the outside views of aircrafts (and how>many pilots look at the outside of their aircraft on a flight)>are accurate down to the rivets, oil stains,subtle lighting,>etc. but the cockpits which we spend the majority of our time>at are as you mention way behind-both in looks, precision,>accuracy, update speed etc. Time to do address where the pilot>spends the majority of time!>Let's get some glass reflections, correct response, and rw>looks on the instruments and bring the inside up to the same>quality as the outside! How about a stormscope (not one yet in>the fs world) and xm weather-something that I consider a no go>now without it.>Hi Geoff,Have you had a chance to look at these pages?http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=6735.0alsohttp://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=5713.0and finallyhttp://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=3419.0They're all free and just superb work.......all found here - http://fullterrain.com/freeware.htmlChris Porter:-outta

Guest dgpilot00

- A whole new engine. Lets be honest.. the current engine is dated and doesnt take advantage of GPU's.I'd love to get more than 20fps on my supposed "high end system"

Guest fundies

That it is released before christmas 2008 :)