Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

FS11 Wish List

Guest AkeldamaUK
Why?
Because there are many parts of the world that are misrepresented by being just water. Take Lancashire for example. Southport has some of the most expansive beaches in the country. But in the sim the water always goes up to the town, instead of getting miles of sand. Why? Because Flight Sim is a "high tide" world. Similarly Morecambe Bay is always full of water. Yet at some times you can walk across it. These are just two examples of places that aren't really suited to just having an ocean texture plonked onto them. Coastlines are not razor's edges with land one side, water the other.I'd like to see that addressed. But it doesn't have to be in the manner I suggested. Results matter more than technology.Similarly I'd like to see an end to vector roads/rail cutting through textures, with some way of getting those roads into the textures naturally. Perhaps we'll have to wait a couple of hardware generations of procedural techniques to come of age.

Another thing i would like in FS11 is a option to lock the VC view to the runway i'm approaching. I think this will give a better understanding of the airplanes position and lateral attitude, especially in crosswind conditions.Regards,Gerrit

I'd like an improvement in the way the sim saves state, particularly when it comes to third party planes. With both the LevelD 767 and the PMDG 747, if you have to save mid flight and later reload, it's touch and go as to whether your plane will fall out of the sky before it manages to get all its systems up and running again. I may be wrong but I suspect this is more to do with FSX limitations than to lazy programming on LevelD's or PMDG's part.With appropriate hooks into the sim it should be possible to fire up a saved flight with the plane in exactly the same state it was in when it was saved, even if the plane in question has all sorts of custom state information that FS doesn't know about.I also find that after flying the PMDG it's impossible to get some of the default aircraft started. This seems like something that shouldn't be too hard to fix, even if it's just some kind of "reset everything to sensible values" command.Colin

Guest aafuss

Phsyics support-could be used for interesting flight effects (mainly on NVIDIA cards).As for new default aircraft:C152767 and A380Some more corporate aircraft instead of just having the King Air and Learjet 45)-how about a Cessna Citation?Another floatplane would be great, as well as say a Pilatus PC-12. Obviously any new additions to the default aircraft fleet should be easy to operate.I've always liked any of Just Flight's aircraft that incorporate a Collins 2100 weather radar-although their implementation can be a performance hit, if MS were to include something like it, make it wasy on frame rates.

Guest LtRob

Besides the oft-mentioned non-flat runways and airports, real overcast layers, and integrated voice recognition ATC (with international accents), I would like to see three new aircraft. Microsoft Flight Simulator has a long relationship with Cessna, so it would seem logical to include the new C162 SkyCatcher. It seems to be a very exciting entry-level aircraft. Secondly, the Bell 206 JetRanger is going out of production, so a replacement helicopter larger than the R22 but smaller than the utilitarian EH101 will be needed. Why not the new Bell 429? It is an 8-seat twin-engine that can have retractable gear or fixed skids, but, most importantly IMO, the 429 comes standard with a helicopter autopilot! Lastly, along the Bell range, lets get a Bell-Agusta BA609 tilt-rotor in a future version of FS. It would allow real V-22s, and maybe the flight model would even allow other types of vertical-lift (SkyCar?) aircraft.

Guest aafuss

A mobile version of FS-X-Plane already has a iPhone version of their sim, why can't MS do the same for Windows Mobile?I quite like the P51-D and F/A-18 that come with FSX:Acceleration and are a great start to adding military aircraft to the default collection.There could be others added in FS11-surely ACES has access to some other military aircraft that they could model and include. Don't expect the F-22/F-35 Lightning though.And could we have the Robinson R44 and a newer Bell helicopter-seeing as according to the last post, the 206B is going out of production. Seeing as MS has a good and long relationship with Cessna and Boeing , some of their aircraft could be added to FS11-how about a Citation & Cessna 400 and for Boeing-a 787 or 767 perhaps (seeing as FSX removed the 777).The 787 would make for a nice addition if FS11 were to come out in 2010 perhaps.