Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Share your fsx.cfg settings

Hi all,I recently upgraded my system to Quad Core and have the following specs:AMD Phenom 9850 x4 Black Edition @ 2.5GHz4Gb Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 800MHzinno3D Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 'Overclocked'ASUS M2N-SLi Deluxe MotherboardWD Raptor with FSX SP2Vista Ultimate x64 SP1I primarily fly the following aircraft:Coolsky Super 80 ProfessionalFlight1 ATR 72-500Wilco/Feelthere Airbus Series 1I have following Scenery Add-Ons:Ultimate Terrain X EuropeFlight Environment XFS Dreamscapes ProMesh UKUK 2000 Edinburgh/Birmingham/Bristol ExtremeFor the mostpart I am happy with performance, however I am getting some stutters in aircraft turns and ground textures aren't loading as snappily as I'd like. I'd appreciate it if others with a similar system to mine, who are happy with the smoothness of their FSX aircraft turns, and texture loading response, would share any tweaks they made to their fsx.cfg, or elsewhere on their system. Also if anyone has used a good tweak in general that made a big difference, please share that too, similar system specs, or not.I appreciate my system is not 'the best of the best' - I'm just looking for that final bit of smoothness and I'll be happy(er) :)Thanks in advance for any responses.

Are you running Vista or XP 64 bit or 32 bit, as that will limit the amount of ram your system sees. Also i had a m2n mobo but went to a gigabyte so i could run 1066 meg ram and yes it makes a difference. FSX has never being so good. Its smooth,textures load fine, have FPS set to 30 and they generally stay there with most things at max, and heap of AI. I am on a dual core and waiting for AMD to come up with a 3 gig quad or three core. FSX needs speed in both CPU and memory, my son has a intel system but he doesnt fly fsx, ill stick to AMD no more upgading for a while im happy.

I'm on Vista 64-bit.I'm also exploring overclocking the CPU to around 3GHz from its stock 2.5, as I know FSX is CPU hungry. As I have the Black Edition of the CPU this is quite easy and from reading around temps stay quite low even with the stock cooler, though I'll get a better one anyway as I like to have a safety margin. However thats a post for the hardware forums... :)

That's funny, I'm also fairly satisfied except I too get microstutters, in the same situations you describe, and I'm ALSO running Vista x64 with 4GB of RAM I thought it had to do with Vsync but I turned that on/off and it doesn't actually make a difference.I have the same addons as you except the UK scenery stuff...I should add when I ran Acceleration on XP 32bit (3GB switch with 2GB RAM) there were no stutters. But the extra RAM is helping with OOM's for other games, so that's why I got more

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |