Sign in to follow this  
beatle

SDK - Documentation - Accessing multiple pages concurre...

Hi FolksHave a dislike, or strong-hatred, of the SP2 compiled SDK documentation format ?Wish to open and cross-reference multiple SDK pages ?Here's a quick & easy solution,allowing you to access multiple SDK documents concurrently,whilst maintaining valid internal links.Click the link below to view -FS Developer - Wiki - SDK - Documentation - Accessing multiple pages concurrently (SP2/FSXA)http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?...ntly_(SP2/FSXA)EDIT -This forum's software doesn't support () in links.Append the brackets & conents to the link.Hopefully the new version will fix this.HTHATBPaulResized logo pending ;-)http://www.fs-odg.com

Guest ziporama

Annoying isn't it? Yes, I loved to be able to use Ctrl-F in firefox and right click to say "open in new tab". Oh, well. The good news, you can split the compiled help file back into the HTML components. The bad news, software that does this well is not free, at least, none that I found. I end up using the SP1 docs in my trusty browser, and only looking up SP2 when needed.Etienne

"You can also use the online ESP SDK docs (which are 99.9% FSX SP2 compatible) available here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa155301.aspx"**********************Yep, that's what I mostly have used, the online ESP docs. One thing for people to be aware of, though, is that the FSX and ESP SDK's are NOT identical. With one of the last gauges I built, in fact, the FSX (SP2) SDK actually had MORE info in it on the particular feature I was researching than did the ESP SDK. And it was very valuable information. And I'd imagine that as time goes on the two SDK's will continue to slowly diverge. This is probably not relevant 95% of the time, but it is worth noting.

Hey Sprintz,Could you let me know what section(s) in particular where you found less data in the ESP online SDK? We have a couple of technical writers who have been updating the text in the online version of the SDK, and if they accidentally removed something, I should let them know :->When ESP V2 is released, that SDK will not be backwards compatible with FSX (have to see if we can keep both versions posted on MSDN) because we are adding lots of additional stuff to the platform right now :->