Sign in to follow this  
fbass

757 Confusion

This is really weird. Several months ago, Captain Sim release their B757 Pro for FSX. There is now a notice on this site saying that Just Flight released Captain Sim's 757 Captain - WTFO bubba. Is this the same product under a new distributor?fb

Guest JimC1702

Pretty much. They did the same thing with the Captain Sim C-130.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

>This is really weird. Several months ago, Captain Sim>release their B757 Pro for FSX. There is now a notice on this>site saying that Just Flight released Captain Sim's 757>Captain - WTFO bubba. Is this the same product under a new>distributor?>>fbFellas-Easy does it... read the announcement again... no conspiaracy here."Just Flight is pleased to announce the release of 757 Captain, the latest professional airliner expansion from the award-winning development team at Captain Sim. This title will be available in DVD-ROM format with a high quality printed manual."**EDIT** I do not think that Captain Sim has supplied it other than in DL format.Best,

\Robert Hamlich/

It comes on a CD, Got mine a little over three weeks ago. Did not install it though because the same day I got the CD CS released the 2.1 update and installed it instead.

>This is really weird. Several months ago, Captain Sim>release their B757 Pro for FSX. There is now a notice on this>site saying that Just Flight released Captain Sim's 757>Captain - WTFO bubba. Is this the same product under a new>distributor?>>fbIt's the same thing, only if you buy the CD version they won't support you in any way. Even though it is their product, they'll just tell you to call Just Flight if you have any problems installing it (like they'll know how to help you), or for any of the many problems you'll come to their forums for. Support at its finest. :-lolRegards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest jshyluk

JustFlight fairly often acquires the rights to distribute products made by other developers. It is a bit confusing. I've been fooled by it (not that I am all that hard to fool). But there's no conspiracy, it's just marketing. I've asked the good folks at JustFlight about this system, and they see it as a win/win proposition: small developers get a chance to have their product in a box on a store shelf, where the product should enjoy much greater public exposure than being tucked way in some distant corner of the Internet, and JustFlight for their effort gets a piece of the pie. The consumer gets a nice box, some disks, and usually a decent enough manual. For whatever reason, game boxed flight-sim add-ons are rare in North America, but elsewhere, especially western Europe, they are popular and profitable. Personally, I like the box. I've gotten used to downloading stuff, but it's not may favourite way of doing business. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest davidvoogd

There are two different types of sellers out there for addons:Developers: Who make the addons themselvesPublishers: Who sell the addons and market them for developers.In this case Captainsim is the developer, Justflight the Publisher. no conspiracy. It just gets confusing as some developers also publish and sell their addons - and some publishers also develop addons.

First, before I get any hate mail, I never said anything about a conspiracy - just to set the record straight. :-)Second, my confusion stemmed from the fact that the titles were different. I just wanted to make sure before some consideration of expending funds for some new, gee-whiz product (riiiiiiiight).fb

"I just wanted to make sure before some>consideration of expending funds for some new, gee-whiz>product (riiiiiiiight).">>fbOk, this may be a little off topic the first thing that came to my mind when I read that sentence was "isn't it great when you don't live with the Auditor General anymore?"... But I know it is not what you meant.

\Robert Hamlich/

>It's the same thing, only if you buy the CD version they won't>support you in any way. Even though it is their product,>they'll just tell you to call Just Flight if you have any>problems installing it (like they'll know how to help you), or>for any of the many problems you'll come to their forums for. >Support at its finest. :-lol>>Regards,>Steve DraJust to clarify Steve there are companies other than Captain Sim who share the same philosophy, as a general rule Just Flight and for the most part, other distributors are the first you contact when you have issues with boxed product.I know, I was frustrated at first when there were "apparent" issues with starting the 757-200 for example and not having avionics. After a quick visit to the site and a read of the KB articles I was off and flying. I can say with all honesty that I enjoy flying their models and for the most part help is out there when you need it via AVSIM and the CS site and it holds true with most, if not all the devs'. Unfortunately these fellows are from a part of the world that lacks any kind of customer service, which is no excuse of course, but it is what it is.

\Robert Hamlich/

Robert,Man, I have no idea what you're saying. For my old brain, you'll need to explain the comment. Sorry about the darkness. :-)fb

>Robert,>>Man, I have no idea what you're saying. For my old brain,>you'll need to explain the comment. Sorry about the darkness.>:-)>>fbfb-It was an off the cuff remark as to how life used to be living with a certain someone who had tight purse strings... couldn't buy anything for myself without a huge discussion, part of which was trying to convince me that I didn't need it.It wasn't so much to what some will view as an attempt by CS to release oldish product under a different name via a different publisher, or perhaps you were commenting on what seems like a dogs age for new product to appear for FSX, couldn't agree with you more.I have often seen individuals making comments like "have to talk to/convince the wife" etc.., when I saw your comment on expanding funds I thought that it was ironic that I am now encouraged to add to my chosen hobby. At the very least she knows where she can find me most of the time.I must remember the adage, never discuss politics, religion or money and that I should keep my inner voice quiet sometimes. I was trying to add some sarcastic humor.:-)Hope that explains it.

\Robert Hamlich/

It was a trivial thing. Perhaps it was a difference in culture but I really didn't know what you meant. :-)As for wives and their understanding - for the most part - they have none. Fortunately you addage about knowing where you are somewhat protects you (and me as well). As a retired military officer I'm sort of in a situation where I can make FS purchases (within reason of course) without causing WWWIII. I guess I'm lucky. My wife sews in the same room where I fly which makes it a bit better.As for you humor - again, it was not a problem on your side. I just didn't know what you meant.Keep 'em flying. :-)Frank

Guest Guest_greg_*

Does this have a working FMS now and avionics?