Sign in to follow this  
doc1956

Carenado C182 II RG Versus FSX Default Cessna?

C182 II RG Owners,I have seen the new HD VC screen shots of the Carenado C182 for FSX posted at the Orbx Forum and been very impressed! Can anyone who owns the C182 II RG comment please on any other differences between this aircraft and the default FSX Cessna 172 (which isnt too bad really in the VC), that may have prompted your purchase of the Carenado?Many thanks indeed.Paul

Guest JIMJAM

The reason I bought the 182rg is that I like Carenado and have alot of time in real life flying the 182rg.Its faster,heavier and was my first "alot of other pilot also" plane wih retractable gear.I have not loaded the HD pit.To me its asking price is as with other Carenado planes is very reasonable.But its overall not visually or otherwise ground breaking in any aspect.Just a good solid high wing with retracts at a good price and easy on the fps.But if you could care less about the retracts and happy with fixed gear,save ot use the $$$ on a plane you really want.

I also have real world Cessna 182 time, but not with the RG. The thing I like about the Ceranado is the flight model. Seems extremely realistic to me. Leaves the default 172 in a cloud of dust. Also I did download the free HD package from FTX. It is incredibly detailed when you zoom in on the surface or interior or panel. Nothing but a pure pleasure. I have a fairly fast system (3.65 ghz) and it didn't affect frame rates hardly at all. I also have the Ceranado Mooney which can also utilize the free HD package that is available from fullterrain.com. I think the C-182RG is now my favorite single engine plane. By the way, all of the FTX products for Australia are nothing short of awesome, in my opinion ... if but a little pricey.Steve

>By the way, all of the FTX products for>Australia are nothing short of awesome, in my opinion ... if>but a little pricey.>>SteveSteve (and JimJam),Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have also read elsewhere about Carenado being worth serious consideration and the new HD textures from FTX make it difficult to resist. Exploring FTX Australia in the Carenado C182 looks like a good combination.Paul