Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidvoogd

FPS friendly AI package?

Guest davidvoogd

Just curious if any of the commercial / payware AI traffic packages for FSX are framerate friendly and better than the default AI.I'd like to see some AI traffic in FSX but I don't want to lose a lot of framerates. The default traffic sucks and kills fps, and I don't like using freeware AI as it's just too time consuming to set up.My system specs are: Core2Duo E8500 3.16ghz / 3GB Corsair DDR2 Ram / Geforce 8800 GT 512mb / Soundblaster XfI. I get 35 fps (locked) 90% of the time in FSX right now.So are there any AI packages I could use that wouldn't substantially hurt my framerates? I don't need 300 airliners at every major airport - I mostly fly General Aviation so I'm more interested in having GA traffic scattered about and some regional airlines - with a few of the majors too.I'm debating between this route or just flying everything on Vatsim - though I fly in Northern Canada so Vatsim traffic is few and far between which is why I like to fly offline with AI and Radar Contact.

I agree with Geofa the new My Traffic X #5.2 is good and many of the aircraft are now FSX native.I run FSX locked at 35FPS with 70% commercial and 70% GA traffic.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest davidvoogd

I used a Mytraffic several years back but stopped as many of the airlines were horribly out of date. (Had Canadian regional flights 10 years after the airline was bought out by ACA) How accurate is My Traffic X?Could you two do me a big favour and just take a quick look at what kind of traffic is at the following airports? This would give me an idea of what to expect where I fly.CYFD / CYZF / CYXY / CYQQ / CYVP / CYQA / CYFB / CYLWIs it possible with MyTraffic X to make a list of airports and have it autogenerate GA traffic for them and stuff like that?Also does anyone have Justflight Traffic X that could comment on performance for that?