Sign in to follow this  
BillDickson

Ground Texture Colours

Don't know if this is the right forum for this topic, if not please point me in the right direction.I ha UTX usa UTX Europe & FSgenisis installed. UTX is installed in the right order in the scenery in FSX.My problem is that all the textures are a sandy colour and not the greens you would expect, certainly not like in the UTX screen shots.Can someone please tell me what's wrongThanksBill

Apart from adding its own textures for the custom ground polygons it provides (e.g. golf courses, industrial areas, etc.,) and vector roads, UTX does not modify or change any of the default ground textures supplied in FSX.It is therefore more likely that you are just seeing the normal seasonal variations in the standard FSX ground textures. For example, do things look a lot greener if you select spring or summer when you fly in the USA northeast?Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

I dont think so. I am flying in Europe and am in Scotland and the colours in fsx are not reprasentative of what one would expect, but I will try flying in a different season and see if their is any difference.There is a set of modified default textures in flightsims file library, will these help.ThanksBill

Guest Nick_N

Hi BillIn order to not infringe on AVSIM rules and out of respect for AVSIM I will refrain from posting links since I am a primary developer for GEX EU however GEX, who work with the UTX folks, are in progress with Europe to cover the entire EU and we will include a UTX patch for EU with the release.GEX EU not released yet and is in production. It is a next generation quality product which allows 500ft flight level clear views. If you wish to see samples of the project I suggest you vist the GEX forums.. same forum boards as UTX just another area. You will find a thread in the GEX forums about EU.. check the last 2 pages of the thread for the most recent sneak peek images.We are making great progress and are getting a helping hand with tips from friends at Industrial Light and Magic.In the mean time there are freeware textures here in the AVSIM library with help with EU by doing some color work on the default textures. I believe they are listed under Adam Mills in the library.