Sign in to follow this  
timest

Price Increase Coming on Great FTX Scenery ...

John,Not entirely sure, but this issue may very well be resolved when Orbx release their CityScape Canberra product. They have previously mentioned creating all the Australian State and Federal Capital/s at 30cm/pixel resolution and would assume that something like the Complex would no doubt be included/depicted.Cheers and all the best,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Thanks for the info Chris.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

>My locale was building 'M' or EDP1, now dead and buried. I>agree that Campbell Park was ugly especially inside. I always>thought of it as the "Concrete Jungle". However ugly it is, it>is very relevant to YSCB where I did my GA training and>climbed out over Campbell Park on more occasions than I care>to remember, there could be a nasty rotor over that hill too.>Campbell Park is not in the the ORBX scenery either yet>"Manuka Oval" is now a great stadium according to ORBX. The>mind boggles.>>:-lol Hi, I've gotta set the record straight for the ORBX FTX scenery of Canberra. Firstly, I live in Canberra so I am very interested in the scenery here. Also, I did the FTX landclass for Canberra so I know exactly what is and isn't included in the scenery.:-)The landmarks and major buildings you see in Canberra such as Old & New Parliament House, National Gallery, High Court, Captain Cook Water Jet, Carrilion, etc), are all default FSX, including Manuka Oval. Not a bad effort by MS for a small city a looong way from the USA!I recall that VOZ's FS9 version of Canberra had a model of the Australian-American War Memorial, as well as Campbell Park. I'll look into seeing if someone over at OzX is able or interested in porting them over to FSX.Cheers,Martin

Guest Spirit Flyer

>Only one problem with AUBlue. They missed the Defence complex>out of Canberra. The defence complex is not far off one of the>Canberra airport runways and includes tha Australian-American>war memorial which is a tall hexagonal column with a stylised>eagle perched on a globe on the top. The eagle has>outstretched wings held vertically. This caused the memorial>to be known locally as "Bugs Bunny". It is also known>colloquially and with typical Aussie irreverance as "Phallus>in blunderland, the giant American erection". ;)>>PS I worked at the the defence complex for many years so maybe>its a personal thing. Yellojacket,Are there any pictures online of Bugs Bunny?

That is a very early picture taken before the defence building works were built. BTW there is an underground tunnel passing in front of Bugs Bunny that joins the main defence buildings (from memory they were Army 1 and Defence 1) not yet built in the photo.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

>That is a very early picture taken before the defence>building works were built. BTW there is an underground tunnel>passing in front of Bugs Bunny that joins the main defence>buildings (from memory they were Army 1 and Defence 1) not yet>built in the photo.>>Yes indeed, here is a better idea of the current layout...http://wikimapia.org/13703/Australian-American-War-MemorialCheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

>>And it doesnt end there - these guys crank out quality>freeware airports like its no-ones business.>>Bookmark FTX. Now :)Yup.. it's so hard to keep up! LOL. Great stuff.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

The scenery does look impressive but I do 90% of my flying in Canada and the other 10% in neighbouring US States, so here's hoping they do FTX British Columbia or something :)
Hi David,Just a heads up on some info posted on the FTX forums a couple of days ago...FTX NA Scenery extentsCheers,Chris

Guest Merv00
I have so enjoyed the FTX scenery for Australia. In fact, I have a whole new appreciation of the continent. I've bought it all. The frame rates are outstanding and great detail. The freeware on www.fullterrain.com is almost flawless. They have free GA airports and other things as well. Personally, I can't say enough for the quality of all ORBX products [payware and freeware]. Customer support is the best there is.Anyhow, because of production costs, they are going to up the price on December 1. Like 25 to 30 percent or so. Here are a couple of links. The first is to the forum which shows the pricing but remember that is in Australian dollars.http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=6.0Here is their vendor. http://www.flightsimstore.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=92Be sure to plug in US dollars and you will see that the price per region drops to $19.42 [given today's exchange rate]Everything ORBX has been so much fun, I didn't want anyone considering the plunge for FTX to miss the price jump ... and also, Can't wait to see what their first US installment looks like. I think they are going to release the equivalent of Megascenery Pacific Northwest [which has never been made for FSX] early next year.Regards!Steve
Its a pity that"orrbx" chose "flightsimstore" as a vendor, I paid the new price for "green" two hours ago, and still waiting for a download, that is the first and last time I shall be dealing with flightsimstore! (they took my money fast enough!) :(

Its a pity that"orrbx" chose "flightsimstore" as a vendor, I paid the new price for "green" two hours ago, and still waiting for a download, that is the first and last time I shall be dealing with flightsimstore! (they took my money fast enough!) :(
I think you're being a bit harsh... They may be a problem that is out of FSS's hands, who knows. Having bought a number of products off Adrian, I have found his service exemplary. Anyway, not buying any more FTX products would IMO be biting off your nose to spite your face... Your choice I guess.Cheers,

We're sorry to hear you're having download issues at FSS with FTX Green. We'll get the FSS staff to look into it right away; our apologies.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

Hi Merv,I too am sorry that you have been having trouble with The FlightSim Store. Can I please get you to send me a PM or email to info@flightsimstore.com with your order number and run down of the problem you're experiencing and I will help you as best I can.Kind Regards,Adrian LehmannThe FlightSim Storehttp://www.flightsimstore.com

Cheers, Adrian

fss-forum-sig400x60.jpg

Over a period of time I've ordered all of the regions as well as Coffs Harbor through the Flightsim store and have not had any problems or delays. Once you get the software I think you'll be amazed at how much it changes FSX for the good. I don't fly anywhere else now except in Australia. Plain old FSX just doesn't do it for me anymore. Hang in there, hope you enjoy FTX as much as I do.happy flying, Howard

Over a period of time I've ordered all of the regions as well as Coffs Harbor through the Flightsim store and have not had any problems or delays. Once you get the software I think you'll be amazed at how much it changes FSX for the good. I don't fly anywhere else now except in Australia. Plain old FSX just doesn't do it for me anymore. Hang in there, hope you enjoy FTX as much as I do.happy flying, Howard
I am locking this thread. This is neither a support forum for flightsim store or a free advertising venue for Orbx, which is what this thread and others are beginning to sound like.